2

I watched as the family walked away, following Tsireya into the village. I almost laughed as the younger boy was close behind her.

I looked around as everyone started to go their separate ways. Well, I guess that's that.

I was about to dive back into the ocean when I heard my mom call me. "Ngiryu! Come here!"

I saw that the older boy, who wasn't that far away, turn around, but I quickly ran into the safety of my home, dodging his gaze.

"Yeah mom?" I asked.

"Just keep away from the newcomers." she said. "I don't trust them."

I inwardly sighed. My mom was not one for new things, ever since dad died trying out a new, sharp kind of net. I didn't care for him. He was a jerk anyway.

But, I agreed, and walked outside.

I was picking the skin on my arm, like I usually do whenever I lie.

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day, I was spying on the newcomers while they swam. I was curious about them, so I wanted to answer all my questions without, you know, actually asking anyone.

I watched as Tsireya, Aonung, and Roxto dive in the water, swimming gracefully under the water. A second later, the other kids follow them, swimming not as gracefully.

Their small tails kept moving, but didn't help them. They moved their arms and legs wildly, but that, also didn't help.

Soon, they moved back up the the surface to get air, except for the older girl, who was mesmerized by the underwater life. I was amazed as she stayed underwater longer than her siblings. Woah.

I hid behind some plants as I watched them swim some more. After a few minutes of them slowly moving, I decided to leave, and hunt some fish. This is useless.

Maybe I'll watch them as they ride ilus later.

Avatar 2-Why me?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें