ONE

Bold = Japanese
Regular = Korean

A WEEK BEFORE THE SHOW TAKES PLACE

"What the fuck?! You're sending me back to fucking South Korea? What about Fumiko? Her leg needs to be amputated and I'm-" The foreign counter yelled out of frustration before being cut off by her senior.

"Please, Hye-ra. I am doing this for your own good. Turns out that.. Japan is too dangerous for Counters your age." One of the Japanese Counters spoke, not daring to make eye contact with the girl as he tried to hold back the tears that were about to stream down his cheeks.

Lee Hye-ra, she was a Japan based Counter since she was young. She has started doing Counter duties since the age of fourteen.
___

"Flight 0119 has landed in Jungjin, South Korea." The PA system repeated in a few languages as a girl emerged from the exit of the plane, still enraged she had to return to the place she never wanted to return to.

South Korea.

"I can't believe they made me go back here.. The hideout is a freaking noodle restaurant-" She angrily muttered to herself. Though since she was too focused blabbering to herself, she failed to notice the figure in front of her.

"Watch where your going! You- ow!" The boy was about to deliver a slap to the girl's face. Just as he was about to hit her, she effortlessly halted his arm in a strong grip, her expression remained a grumpy frown since the matters earlier.

She, for some reason took the opportunity to read his memories. I mean, what could possibly go wrong, right?

"Excuse me.. Where did Hye-ra go? The girl on that bed." a young teenage boy questioned nervously, pointing to a hospital bed his friend was supposed to lay in.

"She's been discharged earlier today, apparently one of her relatives picked her up." A nurse explained.

Hye-ra's eyes widen in shock, "Shin.. Shin Hyeok-u?" She mumbled in disbelief. It was her childhood best friend, or ex-best friend. Shin Hyeok-u.

"Yes, yes. It's me Shin Hyeok-u, the mayor's son. I'll get my father involved if you don't let go right this second!" he threatened as the girl released his arm harshly.

He looked up at the girl, his eyes widening in shock, "Hey... Aren't you-" though just before he could continue what he was saying, the girl stormed away.

FLASHBACK

The young girl's sprint felt like torture, each step sending waves of agony through her wounded body, but she pushed through, driven by sheer determination to live. As she neared a nearby park, her eyes fell on a familiar figure—her best friend. With renewed hope, she raced towards him, only to freeze in her tracks at his hurtful words.

"I would never like someone like Lee Hye-ra! She's a total nobody, a weirdo, and looks like she crawled out of a sewer. Gosh, maybe if she disappeared, my life would be infinitely better!" His words spat out like venom, each syllable dripping with contempt and cruelty.

It felt like a barrage of daggers aimed directly at her heart, tearing through her with ruthless precision. The raw intensity of his disdain cut deeper than any physical wound, leaving her reeling with a pain that was almost unbearable.

Summoning the last reserves of her strength, she mustered the words she needed him to hear, her voice strained and barely audible. "I thought... I could trust you..." she managed to croak out, her gaze piercing into his with a mix of betrayal and defiance.