1

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙡𝙮 𝙎𝙥𝙞𝙣(𝙟𝙞𝙩𝙯𝙪)

𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗪𝗲 𝗨𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗧𝗼 𝗕𝗲

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔, 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚙p𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎. 𝚆𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎-𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛𝚜, 𝚘𝚛 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢, 𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍.

𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗: 𝚆𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎. 𝚆𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜, 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎. 𝙶𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠.

𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜.

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘.

𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚓𝚊. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎.

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚣𝚎𝚗𝚜. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜.

-𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚕 𝙻𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚣𝚊

~~~

I try to speak the truth when telling stories. (As well as I can anyway) But you must understand there are boundaries between truth and lies that contain a fuzzy gray area. That's where the storytellers live, walking the line between reality and fiction.

Keep this in mind as our story begins in one of the most dangerous, terrifying, exhilarating places on earth.

High school.

Most passerby would say Ninjago High looks just like any other high school. A long brick building, rather well-kept campus, lovely shrubbery, and a healthy population of teenagers who would love to be anywhere else. Well, most of them anyway.

We start on the steps, tucked away between the columns, watching the sea of young adults swirl by. Scruffy cheeks, acne-covered chins, makeup-caked and washed-out faces, all passing by in a seemingly endless stream.

Skip inside before the doors close, skirt through the crowd down to locker 275, right across from the admin offices and large, sparkling trophy case.

The brass tone of the school bell interrupted several conversations, quite rudely. The screech of lockers, shuffling of feet, and low hum of conversation dissipated as the herd of high schoolers dispersed to class.

Minus one.

Nya remained by her locker, searching the swirling sea of faces for a familiar freckled one. She checked her watch, rather impatiently, as the last dregs of latecomers slipped into classrooms.