[7]

Like mother nature pulling her celestial duvet over her to bid adieu to the burning sun, the cool breeze of nightfall wafted through the Phantomhive Manor carrying the mild scent of light rainfall

The moonlight peaked through the light drapes of the sleeping quarters of the esteemed Phantomhive guest. After her walk through the gardens with the pristine butler, he escorted her to her bedroom and left for a moment to take his master to bed. During his time away from her, the woman got ready for rest, finding a suitable mid thigh silk night gown the most comfortable to wear for the night. 

After slipping on the thin material over her frame, she sat herself at her vanity, brushing through the tangles that formed in her ponytail from the day, letting her hair fall freely from the confines of the elastic that held it together. Her mind was completely free from troubling thoughts. She had somewhat established or at least confirmed the demon's feelings for her as she had for him. It warmed her slightly, the thought of maybe having a shot at the relationship she did not know she always desired. 

Her eyes closed, her head swaying side to side in an attempt to loosen her neck muscles. Her skin absorbing the hue of the moon, almost sending her into a trance. A full moon on a night with a clear sky, one time that would be most troublesome for someone such as herself. She could feel herself loosing her consciousness. Normally, she would have already been passed out, but she was motivated to stay awake, with the promise of Sebastian's late night visit. 

Her breathing became more staggered as the moonlight continues tickle her skin. Goosebumps rose to the surface as a rosy hue peppered her supple cheeks. Her eyes fluttered open, struggling to remain at a heavy lidded gaze. Her pupils fighting with the chance of remaining at their usual [Eye Colour], flickering on and off between [Eye Colour] and a captivating lavender. Being so caught up in her trance, she failed to hear the three simple knocks at her room door. 

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝

'There has been no response from the other side of her door

'There has been no response from the other side of her door. Perhaps she has retired to bed without me?' With a sigh leaving the butler's thin lips, he contemplated with the idea of opening the door himself to see if his assumption were true, though he highly doubted it.