26. twenty-six

Mulai dari awal

"Thank you." It came out as a mere whisper.

"You don't thank me, Tulip. You have been with me as well without knowing anything. You're waiting for me as well, for me to open up, you're understanding me as well, you always cheer me up on my bad days, it's not only about you, it's not only about me. It's about us."

A sigh escaped her lips as she felt her heart calming down with his words.

"We're together for whatever we go through, hmm." She nodded and closed her eyes when He kissed the corner of her lips and lifting his face and smiled at her.

"C'mon, now get ready. We'll be late for the function." Smiling a little at him, Aadhya moved to the vanity and took the primer until they heard a knock at the door.

"I'll see." Ayansh informed her before answering the door and found Reyaan and Dhruv at the doorstep.

"Yhi rukne ka plan Hai kya tum dono ka? You both are half an hour late." Dhruv schooled meanwhile Reyaan looked at his sister.

(Do you guys wants to stay here?)

"Me aati hu, aap teeno chalo." She said, her voice came out hoarse and heavy due to constant crying for minutes now.

(You all should go, I'll come in a while.)

"Wait a damn minute, you're wearing a kurta?" Dhruv exclaimed, eyeing his best friend from head to toe.

"Let's go, we're getting late right." Ayansh wasn't in the mood of any banter today. He have always been the man of less words but today something was off, Reyaan could see that.

"Aadhu, hum chalte hai. Jaldi aa jana." He informed his sister and earning a nod from her, walked out with Dhruv.

(Aadhya, we're going. Come soon okay.)

"Me jau?" Ayansh asked, turning to look at her.

(Should I go?)

"Yeah."

"Pakka?"

(Sure?)

"Hmm," She nodded while brushing the setting powder on her face.

Walking to her, he cupped her face and smiled a little.

"Jaldi aana okay." He leaned to kiss her forehead until he heard his annoying best friend.

(Come soon, okay.)

"Jaldi aa na Ayansh, we're waiting." Ignoring Dhruv's words, he kissed her forehead anyway.

(Ayansh, hurry up.)

"I swear me kisi din tumhe lekar in sabse dur bhaag jaunga." She let out a chuckle at his remark.

(I swear, I'm gonna run away with you someday, away from everyone.)

"Don't be late." He said for the last time before walking out of the room.

Aadhya held back her Tears until she closed the door after Ayansh walked out. Now that she was all alone, she couldn't control herself from sobbing again.

"Kuch hua kya?" Reyaan asked as soon as Ayansh joined them. He was able to see his sister's unusually quite and her puffy eyes didn't go unnoticed by him.

(Did something happen?)

Ayansh hesitated for a moment but they were his best friends, who knew everything about him. Even if he try, he can never hide anything from them and right now, it was about his wife who wad Reyaan's sister as well.