Surprise! Like Her?

Start from the beginning

Lucas turned to look at Plume, a grin on his face. "Lucas thought she was the color of snow."

He returned to petting the dog's perky ears, trying to bend them down. "Ears are supposed to be low." Lucas said, trying to bend them.

They only perked back up every time he tried to do so.

"Please, puppy?" Lucas asked, bending the ears down and holding them down for a few moments.

But Yuki had other thoughts. She pounced on Lucas, her tail wagging back and forth eagerly.

Natsu lifted up Yuki in his arms. Lucas looked up at the puppy with his golden eyes.

He reached out his arms, and jumped a few times, trying to take Yuki back from Natsu.

As Natsu was chatting to you about some new smoothie flavor, which you weren't really paying attention to...

She licked his face, surprising him.

When Natsu half-dropped her to continue your chat discussing some sort of food.

Yuki landed in Lucas's arms, also knocking him to the floor in the process. When Lucas was trying to play with her, she flat-out ignored him.

Until he flung his arms around her neck.

That got her attention. She turned to him, and began to playfully bully him. "(Y/N)?" Natsu waved his arm in-front of you.

"Yeah?" You snap your attention back to him.

'Please no more food discussion, please, please, please-'

"About that new cafe..."

You zoned him out.

___

You watched Lucas play outside from the window. He was laughing with Mana and Kaito.

Natsu was lazily sprawled on the couch.

Plume and Happy were helping out with Mira at Fairy Tail. You sipped your drink, feeling like a million years old.

'And I don't even like this...thing.'

Natsu groaned from the couch. "(Y/N), where's Yuki?"

'I wonder why some teas are green?'

You looked outside, and immediately froze as you saw Lucas peck Mana on the cheek.

'Whoa...'

"(Y/N)?" Natsu asked, sitting up, his hair pushed back with a pin. A hairstyle you had suggested since he was complaining about his hair, feeling as if it was on fire.

"I did not just see that." You look away from the window, muttering to yourself. "What happened?" Natsu sat up.

Luckily, the quick peck on the cheek only lasted for about a second.

When Natsu looked outside, he only saw three kids playing with a white puppy. "You're so weird." He stated as he nestled back on the couch.

A smile tugged at your lips. "Like I'm the one who's weird?"

"There's nothing weird about me." Natsu lazily argued, flipping over.

"Eating fire...is definitely not weird."

"Hey- Wendy eats wind."

"And you eat fire."

"Goodnight." He ended the conversation. You sighed internally, and returned to your book.

'A classy romance on falling in-love with your best friend's boyfriend.' You thought to yourself as you flipped the page.

"Mama!" Lucas burst into the room, his eyes wide. "Can I borrow Yuki's leash?" You give him a quizzical look.

"Why do you need her leash?"

"We want to walk her! Pleaaase? Mana's mommy is watching us!" He begged, batting his eyelashes at you.

'Don't tell me you learned that from Natsu.'

"Do you promise she'll come back alive?" You asked, an eyebrow raised. Lucas nodded, looking like a bobblehead doll.

"Promise!" He eagerly said. You grinned at him. "Okay, go ahead then." You nod at the red leash laying on the floor.

Lucas hopped over to you, and gave you a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks!" He said, just before the door shut.

"When he nodded...doesn't he look like a bobby-head-thing?" Natsu asked, from the couch.

You looked up from your book.

"Do you mean bobblehead doll?"