| Prologue |

My eyes fluttered open, struggling to stay wide. I inhaled the bracing, crisp air of the cool night as I gazed up at the star filled sky.

Heart wrenching pain was taking over my body as I lay helplessly on the forest ground, gawking at the tree tops.

I turned my head, my eyes trying to search for where the commotion was coming from. My heart was pounding, thrashing against my chest as I watched two figures battle it out in the shadows of the night.

Aching and in pain, I rolled over to my stomach, struggling to overcome the shooting feeling that creeped up my legs. My weak arms as my only leverage, I began to pull myself across the cold forest floor.

Warm wet tears flowed down my face from the discomfort as my arms dragged my body away from the destructive battle.

Old, crispy fallen leaves crunched under my elbows and forearm as I continued to pull myself away. I wanted to scream, cry out for help but would someone hear me? Would they hear me?

The pain was escalating. The cold air was beginning to burn my throat and my eyes were filled with tears that blurred my vision.

My mind pushed away the pain and focused on the clearing in front of me. A road. Picking up my pace, I crawled as if my life depended on it. Actually, it did.

A light!

Two visible headlights from an unknown vehicle came around the bin. My heart rate picked up and my adrenaline was sky high.

Will he see me?

I knew I had one chance and I had to make it count. Using my bloody hands for support, I planted them into the ground and pushed myself up to my feet. Pain rippled through my arms and legs. A low cry slipped through my gritted teeth as I pushed to ignore the pain.

"Please, please stop!"

I stumbled onto the tar road, waving my hands frantically to get the driver's attention. Noticing me, he slammed on to his breaks, coming to immediate stop only inches away from me.

Satisfied with myself for getting his attention, I collapsed on to the road. The vehicle's door creeped opened and the driver hopped out and ran to my aid.

"Ma'am, are you okay?"

I guess the damaged and soiled clothing and the trail of blood was not a hint.

"Help." I managed to overcome the burning feeling in my chest.

"Yes, come." He extended his hand to help me to my feet and to his vehicle. At that moment, I felt relieved, free, and safe. I felt as though I was saved. This man, this stranger was going to get me the fuck out of here.

His face, his lively face suddenly went cold. His eyes were now wide and stunned. Following his cold look, we both looked down. A scream escaped me once I noticed the hand that was sticking out from his chest, clasping on to a dimly beating heart.

"No, No."

The hand retracted and the man's body clasped on to the road like a rag doll. The hole in his chest bleeding out.

Tears forming in my eyes, I looked up at the tall monstrous figure. My blurry vision only left me to see the shadow and outline of the figure. Demonic red eyes looked down at me, watching my every single move.

"Please." I begged and pleaded. "Leave me alone." I cried.

It stepped forward and stood tall. It raised its hand and looked at me. Long sharp black claws grew from the beast's raised hand. In a deep, raspy, demonic voice, it finally spoke.

"No."