Denial is a heartache best friend part 2

En başından başla

Cassandra let out a small laugh. "Wait until you see my sister," she thought.

As they entered the living room, Pearl's eyes fell upon Cassandra's twin sister. Instinctively, she lunged towards her, but Cassandra swiftly intervened, throwing Pearl against the wall.

"I know how it seems, but she's not Katherine either. She's my twin sister," Cassandra explained, hoping to defuse the situation.

Pearl, nursing her broken hand, asked incredulously, "How is this possible?"

Cassandra sighed. "Long story, and we don't have time for it. Now, did you bring it?"

Cassandra chuckled, "Yes, your instincts were right on the money, Pearl."

Pearl looked perplexed. "You mean we didn't steal the wrong invention after all? We stole the right one?"

Cassandra nodded. "That's correct. I don't think Emily herself was fully aware of what she had created."

Pearl's eyes widened in disbelief. "Wait, wait, wait—you're telling me that Emily created this?"

Cassandra confirmed with another nod. "Yes, Emily created the watch, the rings—all of it."

"But why?" Pearl asked, struggling to wrap her head around the revelation.

Cassandra took a moment to think before replying, "I believe in her mind, she thought she was helping. She didn't realize the magnitude of what she had made."

Annabelle chimed in, "So Johnathan didn't create anything at all?"

"No, he didn't," Cassandra confirmed.

"Okay, so what does it do?" Annabelle pressed, eager to know more.

"Oh, it's an identifier," Cassandra answered matter-of-factly.

The girls repeated in unison, "An identifier?"

"Yes," Cassandra continued, "It exposes anything with heightened senses."

Jeremy stepped forward. "Like vampires?"

Cassandra nodded. "Exactly, but remember, vampires aren't the only creatures in our world with sensitive ears."

As if suddenly remembering the existence of werewolves, the group murmured in agreement. "Right, yes."