~1~

Waking up knowing you will walk downstairs only seeing one human being and a dog kinda sucks. yet I get up, put on my dads old slippers, and put a less depressing face on. I walk downstairs and aunt Grace immediately attacks me with questions on what I want to eat. "Good morning sunshine" said Grace "Mornin" " would you like captain crunch, oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, or Cheerios?" "I'll take Cheerios." " Lia I swear every day you eat Cheerios!" said Grace with a annoyed yet giggly tone.
•••••••••••
I head upstairs and Ken my dog follows me. I lay out 2 outfits. One outfit is a Mint tank top with some black shorts. Over that I would wear this cream distressed, oversized sweater. The other outfit is a Rolling Stones muscle tank with some white ripped jeans. I choose the muscle tank and jeans because I had a test to take online and I wanted to be more comfortable. I don't go to a Public school or anything like that. Aunt Grace insisted on doing online school. It's honestly easier. I have to study before 12:30. that's when my test starts. I'm in the 11th grade. I grabbed my book bag, purse, and phone. then I headed down stairs. I said bye to aunt Grace and Ken then headed out the door.
••••••••••••••
I got in my Lexus and drove off. Aunt Grace gave me her old Lexus but to pay for it I'm working at a boutique downtown. I only work on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursday's. Today is Friday so I don't have to work. I decide to go to Starbucks to get some work done and study. once I get there I order The same thing I always get. A caramel iced coffee. I sit down. At the table next to me and sitting there is a cute guy wearing khakis, spearys, Nike socks, and a polo. I pull out my laptop and get started on studying. the boy next to me takes off his headphones and looks up at me. I look back and see his perfect smile beaming towards me. I look back at my laptop and close it. when I turn to him. " Wow who knew I would one day just decide to show up at Starbucks and see the most beautiful girl ever" he said. " Well you sure do know how to flatter a girl." He stared at me and smiled. his teeth so white they could blind some one. I turn to my laptop so I don't give him hints that I could fall in love with him if I stare at him any longer. " It was nice meeting you but I really have to study" I said. " Well I should be going anyways but don't worry I will see you again" he said. He stood up and handed me a piece of paper. I look at him and he winks. " By the way my name is Adam." " Well I'm Lia Marie." I grinned as he walked out the door.
•••••••••••••••••••
When I got home Aunt Grace was not home. I walked into the kitchen and there was a note on the fridge.

Hey Lia,
I had to go to work to take care of a business emergency. I left some frozen leftovers in the fridge. The laundry hamper is on your bed if you could take care of that. I should be home around 11:00. Lock everything before you head to sleep. Love you and see you soon.

Aunt Grace always makes sure I'm aware of where she is. go to the cabinet to get a plate and in the back of the canner is a wire thin paper. I pull it out and there is faded writing on it. I blow the dust off and I can kinda read the words out.

" 1991... Las Vegas, Nevada... Lucky duck Casino."

I turn the paper over and there is a picture of a woman wearing a tight dress with beaded necklace and a red beer. There was a man beside her in a nice green sports jacket and a striped Collared shirt. he had rings and a gold necklace. He had a little amount of hair and a wrinkly face. There was a man beside him warring a t shirt and some jeans. He had a beer in his hands and a grin on his face. I had no idea who these people were but the last one seemed familiar. I head upstairs to do my chores. I put the pictures in my special box that my mom gave me when I was little. I pick up the hamper and start folding.