A Detective's Devoted Heart : Chapter 1 ~ When all seems Normal...

(YN) : your name (LN) : last name (HC) : hair colour (EC) : eye colour (PN) : pet name  (FC) : favourite colour  (SS): School Subject  (TT): Tea type

Your POV

221B was calm and peaceful. (PN) was wandering around with its head up high, its feet were pattering against the carpet. There you sat on the couch with files by your side as you were marking papers from your class. You were now a teacher at the local high-school, you taught (SS) and you were marking their papers. You sighed and heard the door of 221B open and slam shut. You turned your head to see Sherlock and John drenched in water and their breathing was uneven. You put your papers aside and went over to Sherlock

"What happened to the two of you?" You looked at Sherlock, his ebony curls were stuck to his forehead.

"No... Taxis... had... to... walk..." Sherlock breathed out, you sighed and took his coat and scarf and hung them over the radiator. John was shaking wildly and had his back hunched over which made him look like a hedgehog. John shivered and took out his phone to probably text Mary, he wandered off into the hallway. Sherlock looked at you softly and kissed your forehead, you smiled and went to go make him a coffee. He wrapped his arms around you from behind, he rested his head on your shoulder. His touch was freezing

"You're so cold." You shivered

"You're warm..." He nuzzled close to you which made you smile.

The kettle was boiling as Sherlock nuzzled closely to you. Sherlock leaned up and kissed your cheek. You smiled and kissed his cheek in return. John walked in and smiled in awe, he sat himself down on the sofa and was texting Mary. You picked up the boiled kettle and made Sherlock his coffee, the way he liked it.

Black Coffee with 2 sugars.

You looked at him "Your coffee." You motioned for him to take it. Sherlock smiled and took the cup.

He went and sat down with his cup of coffee and sipped it a little. You sat down beside him and went back to marking the papers. You were nearly done, the last few were quick and easy. You sighed and put the papers in individual folders. You then felt Sherlock put his hands over yours.

"Its late..." He looked at you softly, you nodded and sighed

He put your papers aside and smiled at you. John smiled at the two of you.

"Can I stay the night? I'll be on the sofa."

"Nonsense, you can use your old room." You replied

John smiled and headed to his old room. Sherlock smiled at you and helped you up, he walked and led you to the room the two of you shared. You smiled at Sherlock as he opened the door for you. You walked in with him by your side and the two of you got changed into your sleepwear. You slipped under the covers of the bed and you laid beside Sherlock. He sighed and held your hand underneath the covers. You shuffled closer to him and rested your head against his chest. His arm coiled around your waist and held you closer. He kissed your forehead before he drifted off to sleep. You felt restless but soon enough your eyes closed...

But not long after you fell asleep did the nightmares arise.

You were having another nightmare, it's not rare anymore to have a nightmare anymore. You fidgeted and moved under the covers. You clutched Sherlock's hand tighter and you breathing was rapid and quick. Sherlock awoke and soon held you close to his chest. He rocked you slightly and kissed your forehead lightly. He whispered sweet nothings to you, trying to soothe the pain of the nightmares. Slowly, you awoke from the nightmare and you clutched Sherlock tightly and whimpered quietly. He kept whispering sweet nothings to you and soon you fell back asleep.