Chapter 1

Over the Coral Canyons is a land no Jammer has ever heard of. Only few know where the Desert is, and those who know, live there. And in that desert are animals we never knew were in Jamaa, until now.

A llama walked over to the caves. "Time to mine!" she told herself. She packed mining utensils and put them in her backpack and headed into the cave. The llama walked into the room when she met up with her Otter friend Freddy. "Hey Freddy!" Freddy turned around from where he was mining an emerald gem. "Hi Lisa!" The two greeted each other by sniffing one another until they got the words across. "I see your mining an emerald gem?" Lisa looked over Freddy's head. Freddy scurried over to it. "Yeah, i'm collecting twenty-five of them so i can trade them in for a miners helmet," he smiled to himself while chopping at the gem with his pickaxe. "Done," Freddy smiled and tosses the gem into the bucket with his other emeralds. "How many do you have?" Lisa asked. Freddy looked into the bucket, Lisa looked in too. "Twenty-three," he grinned. Lisa remembered she had two extra emeralds she wasn't using and didn't need. "Freddy, I got two emeralds in my tent you can have, you can use them if you want," Lisa told her Otter friend. Freddy smiled big and nodded. The walked to Lisa's tent and went to the market.

Tom, another otter was dealing with the gems he had. He separated them in four drawers one for emerald gems, one for gold gems, one for sapphire gems, one for rose quarts, and one for the hardest gem to find. The amethyst. Lisa and Freddy walked into the store and Tom turned around as the door ringed when they walked in. "Freddy, Lisa! Great to see you again! What can i get ya?" Tom asked as he scurried across the store collecting chips from a emerald gem. "Well I would like that miners helmet please," Freddy said pointing to the yellow helmet with a light on it. "A mining helmet with a light as bright as a star sapphire. Wouldn't you much rather have one with a brighter light?" Tom asked pulling out the mining helmet that Freddy ordered. "Well I only mine for emerald gems and gold gems. I never bother to water mine for the sapphire or pull apart the roots of a cactus in hunt of a rose quart!" Tom nodded. "I understand but what about the amethyst? Get about five of those and you could have anything you wanted in the world!" Tom walked over to a picture of the purple gem. "You just got to go under these rocks until you come across one!" Freddy shook his head. "I want the star sapphire helmet," said Freddy as he dumped his bucket of emerald gems on Toms desk. "Understood," Tom said passing the helmet over. "Ya'll take care!" Tom called to Freddy and Lisa.

Freddy headed into the cave with his helmet on with the light glowing against the rocks. "Wow, this makes all the gems stick out from the rocks," Freddy admired. "Want to mine together?" Freddy asked Liza. "Sure," she said as they headed down the tunnel. Lisa flinched as a water drop landed on her head. Lisa paused causing Freddy turn around. "What is it?" he asked. Lisa looked up. "I think we're under a water hole," Lisa said observing her surroundings. Freddy looked around. "I think you're right. There is said around here and a couple water leaks," he realized. "Wait, so then we could find sapphires!" Lisa told Freddy. He nodded. "Let's mine around and look for sapphires," he suggested as he started mining. Then the ground started to rumble and sand fell from the roof of the cave. "What's happening?" Lisa half shouted. "Earthquake!" Freddy shouted.