Chapter 5-Who knew escape would be so hard?

Theseus led me into his house, although calling it a house was an understatement. The inside was spacious, with at least twenty feet ceilings. Expensive-looking furniture was sprawled around the many rooms and pictures of stunning quality lined the walls. After walking into the mansion, you found yourself in a sprawling entryway. Limestone flooring was in every room and was so polished it gleamed. Now that I looked around, I saw that not only the floors were clean, but everything in the house was clean. Everything was immaculate, gleaming and polished.

Theseus steered me into the living room, which was right in front of the entryway. The windows were floor to ceiling, and I had to squint because of all the sunlight coming in. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" He asked me, slipping his hand down to my lower back. I immediately slapped it away. "Don't touch me." I warned him. He only smiled. I continued to look around, trying to think of an escape plan but also as an excuse not to have to look at him. He made my stomach flop whenever I looked at him or whenever he touched me. As much as I tried to ignore it, it was always there, continuing to torture me.

"So, do you?" I jumped, startled, when I felt his warm breath in my ear. I spun around to face him and saw that he had a smug grin on his face. Suddenly, I had a plan formed in my head. I knew it would be hard to accomplish, but I was determined to make it work.

"Sure." I told him, staring at him in the eyes and giving him my full attention. My voice was cool, controlled, and my gaze was unwavering. At first, Theseus looked confused, but he quickly covered it up with a smug smile. Grabbing me around the waist, he guided me through the sprawling, never ending mansion. Everything looked so expensive and new and I found myself involuntarily craning my head around to see everything.

After a couple of minutes, we arrived in a home theatre room. It was decked out with the latest technology. About ten chairs were set up in front of a big screen. I couldn't help from staring. 

Theseus led me inside, and I felt his warm breath on my cheek. I refused to turn around, instead looking straight ahead. "Where do you want to sit?" "The back's fine." I replied nonchalantly, making my way to the seats located in the back of the room. When I sat down, I finally looked over. Theseus had a mischievous look on his face that made my stomach do a flip. 

Scooting even nearer to me, he swiftly flipped the armrest seperating us up. It clicked into place. The silence was ominous. I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself, trying to convince myself that my plan would work. It would work. It had to.

"Is there any movie in particular you'd like to watch, Rosie?" He asked me gently. When he said my name I became distracted by the way it sounded coming from his lips. The triumph in his eyes was still visible. It almost made me sick to think he thought I was starting to fall for him. But he was probably used to that, wasn't he? With his incredibly good looks and money, he probably got whatever girl he wanted.

I didn't answer his question immediatedly. Instead I asked one of my own. "Why did you choose me? Out of all the girls out there how did you notice me?" Although it was all part of the act, I was honestly curious about his answer. 

As if reading my mind, Theseus said, "because you're different from other girls I know. You're harder to impress. Plus, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." His last comment almost made me forget what I was going to do next. The most beautiful girl he's ever seen? I seriously doubted that. But I knew now wasn't the time to argue.

His eyes were smoldering, and I found myself leaning toward him, but not involuntarily. Time to put my plan into action. I knew I was going to regret this later, but I knew it was essential if I wanted to escape.

"Oh yeah?" I said, keeping my voice low and looking up at him through my eyelashes. His grin increased. "And I'd like to watch a horror movie." I saw a light go on in his eyes. I leaned a little closer to him until our foreheads were touching. For a second we just sat like that, staring into each other's eyes. 

I had my composure and was making myself focus. I was doing a pretty good job of staying in control until I felt his lips brush lightly on my cheek. I shivered. His lips again returned, this time on the edge of my lips. I closed my eyes, and felt the pressure of his soft lips on my skin. He had his arms around me I knew that if I allowed him to continue I would lose control. That was definitely not the thing to do right now.

It was harder than I hoped it would be, but I was able to eventually turn my face away from him. Leaning back, I said in a soft voice "shouldn't we start the movie?" He looked disappointed. I leaned in, grabbing his hand. I gave it a quick squeeze. He smiled at me before getting up to get a movie.

While I was waiting for him to return I kicked my feet up on the seat in front of me. I stared at the blank screen, crossing my arms across my chest. The room was relatively dark apart from the glowing projection screen in front of me. That horror movie that I asked for would sure look a lot more gruesome on this monster screen. Oh well, the horror movie had been needed.

While I was taking a deep breath and trying to prepare myself for what I was about to do, the screen suddenly came to life. Images started flickering across the screen but I hardly paid attention to them. I was reviewing my plan again in my head.

I heard footsteps, and looking over, saw Theseus walking back. He sat down again and resumed his former position. Showtime.

Scooting closer, I leaned my head against his chest. His breath went in sharply and I knew that he was surprised by my sudden interest. I hoped he wouldn't see through my facade. However, he recovered quickly and rested his head on top of my head. If Theseus hadn't kidnapped me and wasn't a complete lunatic, I might have actually enjoyed this moment. Theseus really was good looking. My skin tingled where his touched mine.

Craning my head up, I tried to make my eyes wide and innocent looking. "Theseus, I might get scared." I batted my eyelashes quickly, hoping they would do the intended effect. They did. He instantly pulled me closer to him so I was situated more in his lap than in my seat. His body was so warm and fit around mine so nicely.

Don't get distracted, Rosie, don't get distracted. Stick with the plan. "It's just a movie Rosie." "Right." I said, laughing nervously. 

It was then that the movie started. It started out innocently enough in New York City. Everybody was happy, happy, without a care in the world. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Nobody's lives were ever as perfect as they were being depicted in this movie. 

Right as I was wondering when the horror would set in, it did. I wasn't paying that much attention to the movie, but from what I could tell everyone was turning into a zombie. The movie wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but I had to pretend to be terrified.

"Oh, Theseus! This is so scary!" I threw my arms around his neck and clung to him. Gently, he removed a stray piece of hair on my face. Then he leaned in. He was about to kiss me. I wanted to deprive him a little longer so instead I ducked my head down and buried my head in my chest.

"Is the scary part over yet?" I asked him, my voice muffled because I was speaking into his shirt. "Rosie, it's a horror movie. It's all scary." His voice was gentle, though slightly amused.

I knew now was time to put part two of my plan into motion. "Is it okay if I go get some popcorn? I'm starving." "I could just have a maid get us some." He offered. "Well, that would be nice, but I always make my own popcorn. It's like my movie tradition." I shrugged my shoulders.

He didn't respond immediately and I looked up from his chest. He was torn, not knowing if I was planning anything or not. His eyebrows were scrunched in concentration, his lips set in a thin line. "I don't know." He mused. "Please." I asked him, gently kissing his throat. My lips lingered on his throat. "Please." "Go down the hall . The kitchen is located on the last door to the right. You can't miss it." He smiled down at me before releasing me from his grip. For a moment, I felt alone without his arms around me. I quickly shook the feeling away. 

I was about to leave but remembered to keep up my act. "Would you like anything?" I asked him innocently, giving him a sweet smile. "I'll take some Mountain Dew."  I nodded and headed down the hall. I looked behind me to make sure he wasn't following me. When I saw he wasn't following me, I started to run.