The Cinderella

Janiella's Point of View

"What's wrong with this design?"

I have to roll my eyes upward when I heard Dolly is making a fuss with her submitted design.  I tried not to look at her and my boss talking.  I do not want them to think I am eavesdropping.  I saw the design myself.  

"The author turned it down.  She said it was not fitted with her story," Carmela Valencia told her without blinking her eye.  I wanted to laugh when I saw Dolly's flushed face.  No doubt she is going to have a nightmare on this one!

"What?!  But that's not true!  I have read her story and this design," she pointed at the image on the white paper placed at the top of the table.  "Is very suited for her work!  I couldn't believe this!  Nagpapa importante lamang siya!" she outbursts in front of Carmela.

I wanted to chuckle.  I lifted my brow.  The author of Mystic Nights of Love, Alessa Ortiz is nothing but nice and with her superb writing skills, para sa akin okay lamang sa akin na mag inarte siya.  She deserved to be a prima donna.  Most of her books published under the name of our publishing house, HighTower are bestsellers.  That is the main reason why Carmela is taking good care of her needs.  And one of it, is to have her decide what she wants for the book cover.  

And I never thought that the assignment will fall in the arms of Dolly Perez.  I smirked.  Her designs are all pornographic; displaying candid shots of human anatomy or intimate moments between a man and a woman.  Okay lamang iyon kung ibang authors.

But Alessa Ortiz is not an ordinary author.  She is the best of the best.

One of the pride of her generation.  I met her twice.  She is very elegant and classy.  I have heard she came from a well-to do family of businessmen, but she have chosen her craft.  She's been writing for 5 years now.  I have all her books.  I am a fan.

Most of her booksigning schedule ay natatapat ng may pasok ako kaya hindi ako makapunta.

I was cursing my boss like hell.  She knew I am a fanatic!

"I spent the whole week for this design and she will just disapproves it!  I can't believe it Carmela!"

Well, you better believe it.  Natatawa kong sabi sa sarili.

"If you cant make a revision on your design I could always ask Jan to edit it.  I am sure she will be happy———-."