Ode to her

I know you think he broke your heart but you have got to stop being so pathetic. Stop messaging him, asking for closure, you have all the closure you need. You know that, deep down though. You just wanted an excuse to talk to him again. To see what he was doing, find something in his words to start an argument over. One final time. Maybe one last chance to make him realise that he made the wrong decision. My love, it's not going to happen. I walked into his life and made him see how love really feels. I picked up all of those broken pieces created by you and I mended them back together with my love. You've got to let it go. You've got to let him go.

Through our short lived presence in each other's lives there's things I noticed about you. You're insecure. It's not something you admit freely. Maybe your thought process is that if you don't say it out loud then maybe no one will ever know. Like it's your own little secret. But the way you used to look at him when another woman was in the room. The way you used talk badly about him behind his back, to save yourself from the pain if he was doing the same to you behind yours. But you can't help it, can you? Not when it comes to him. I know you, and I know he was what you thought about everyday. You did what you had to do to shelter your own heart before he had the chance to hurt it.