xxvi.

"폈다가 쉽게 지는 게 맞나봐 꿈꾸는 것처럼 우린 불꽃처럼"

dear jungkook,

you didn't go to school today, i was waiting for you. i made you lunch. why are you absent again? are you playing video games again? are you wasting your time on those nonsense things again?

instead of going home after school, i suddenly found myself walking towards your house. i don't know, i couldn't help myself. i know i just saw you yesterday, but i really, really wanna see you again. you complete my day.

i pressed the doorbell on your gate and after a few seconds, your hyung opened the gate for me.

"안녕하세요." i bowed.

"oh," he bowed back at me. "you must be looking for jungkook, huh? perfect timing cause he locked himself in his room the whole day and won't let anyone in. but i think you're the only one that could talk to him right now." he said and then left. he has a soccer game that's why he was kind of in a rush. your mom and dad wasn't there because they're both at work. so basically, we're the only one left in the house. but it's okay, since i'm used to this place already. your mom treats me so well.

the house was very quiet when i entered in, so i went directly to your room. i tried to knock first, but then i noticed that the door wasn't locked at all so i just entered quietly until i saw you lying on your bed while covering your whole body with a blanket. i rushed towards you and i saw that you were sweating so hard but you're so cold. i tried to touch your forehead, and it's was very hot.

"jungkook, you have a high fever..."

i went to the kitchen and grabbed a pale of hot water and a face towel. i went back to your room and put that face towel on your forehead and wiped away all of your sweats.

"did you eat already?" i asked. you slowly shook your head. good thing i prepared you a lunch today so i had something to feed you while you're recovering. you didn't want to eat it at first, but i guess you realized that i wouldn't stop bothering you until you finally eat them, so you did.

i don't actually know how you still managed to talk to me for hours when it was clearly obvious that you're too weak and sick that time. so you weren't able to go to school today because the rain yesterday got you sick.

"i'm really sorry." i apologized.

"you better be, cause this is all your fault."

"yeah i know, that's why i'm apologizing."

you chuckled. "i'm just kidding. don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong. the important thing is you're already here."

"huh?"

"nevermind."

we talked for more hours. we talked a lot about things, random things. i told you about the things that happened to me while we weren't together. i told you everything. i made sure i didn't miss any detail because i really still want you in my world and i want you to know what's happening to me. you just nodded at everything i say and made it look like you were really interested but it was so obvious that you weren't really feeling well so i just let you take a rest and sleep.

i just silently watched you while you were sleeping but, here goes my heart again.

why is it like this, jungkook? i only feel this when i'm with you. you're the only one who can make me feel this way. what does this mean?

it was bothering me so much so i just decided to stand up. but before i leave, i checked your forehead again to see if your fever have gone low, and thank goodness cause it did.

i was about to move my hand away but then you suddenly held it so tight and said, "don't go..."