finally, he heard people calling his name. he grabbed his earphones and phone, then hurried outside, locking his door behind him.

"taehyun hyung!" riki, or by his nickname ni-ki had waved, while the older shot him a faint smile. he hopped in the van, sitting next to beomgyu.

he could feel the older's nagging eyes on him, and when he turned to look with an indifferent expression, beomgyu looked away, his pupils darting back and forth as an attempt to fool the younger.

"what is it now, beomgyu?"

"nothing, you look depressing." he simply answered, while taehyun scoffed. "and you look obsessive."

"me? obsessive? take a look at ni-ki, then! if i'm obsessive for just looking at you, then what is he?"

beomgyu pointed at the black-haired boy, who was clearly staring at sunoo, the boy seated right next to him. his entire upper body was turned to look at him, too. at that point, everyone else in the van were bewildered on how the older hadn't noticed yet.

"leave him alone, he's just a kid."

"kang taehyun, you are literally only two years older than him!"

before the younger could say anything more, changbin interrupted them with an enthusiastic, loud throat-clear.

"ahem, ahem. everyone's here?"

nobody answered, which made the man shout louder, "i said, is everyone here?!"

finally, all in the van turned to look at him, hazily replying, "uh-huh..."

"okay, let's go!"

out of all places in the world, hwang hyunjin just had to chose a scenery with a falling hazard, while bringing an eighteen year old boy who knew nothing but risks

but at the same time, thank god sunoo was there, because ni-ki could not stop giving the guy glances. everyone except those two found it painfully obvious.

actually, who am i to say thank god? ni-ki's a total mess, walking into poles and signs while staring, getting mood swings because sunoo wouldn't stop talking to everyone but him, ni-ki was the definition of a love-starved teenager.

taehyun sighed, wondering how it felt like to love. not that he's never liked anyone before, but those were just temporary interests, and small crushes from his primary school days.

sometimes, he'd even mistake his own anxiousness around people for romantic feelings, and he despised how he couldn't tell the difference. he sort of envied ni-ki, not in a negative way, but he was curious.

how would it feel to completely swoon over someone like they're all you could feel, think, and hear?

strange. emotions were just strange.