Chapter 13~⁠♪

Start from the beginning

and the guard fell to the ground, slumbering peacefully. Though I had the power to paralyze the guard, I decided to play it safe, as using such magic drained a considerable amount of mana in this owner's body.

Cale, ever vigilant, noticed another guard closing in on us. He called out, "Cover,"

and Choi Han immediately appeared, expertly dispatching the guard with swift and precise strikes.

The guard, bewildered and defeated, muttered, "W-what in a second... Is he a sword master?!"

Inwardly, I smiled, knowing Choi Han's true capabilities

Inwardly, I smiled, knowing Choi Han's true capabilities. He only needed a single hit to incapacitate his opponents, and it was clear that his skills were formidable.

Cale nodded to Choi Han, silently conveying that he trusted him to handle any further guards that might cross their path. With Choi Han guarding their backs, we continued our advance into the cave.

Inside the cave, we encountered a frightened person who seemed to be in a state of panic. They were distressed about the magic crystal ball not working. I deduced that it must be due to the black orb that Hong and On had buried earlier.

The person noticed us and pleaded, "Don't come here! Do you know what's in here?!" Fear and desperation were evident in their voice.

Both Cale and I understood that the person was scared.

Cale realized that if the torturer, who had a safety measure that would make him explode if attacked with excessive force, were to blow up, it would also endanger everyone else in the cave.

Then, in a daring move, Hong, the red kitten, released a cloud of poisonous gas. The venomous fog rapidly spread, threatening to consume us all. Acting quickly, I summoned a magic barrier to protect Cale and me from the deadly poison.

The person's panic intensified as they cried out, "AAAAH! Go away! U-UUHGHH! P-POI-SON!"

Cale and Athanasia approached the person who had fallen on the ground. Cale noticed a key nearby and picked it up. "This is the key," he said.

 "This is the key," he said