Madeleine Black

'do you guys wanna smoke during our free period?' pansy ask, lifting her head from her plate to face me and astoria.

'yeah sure, im free.' astoria smiles, turning her head to me.

'cant, i have to study with riddle because im failing.' i shrug, taking a bite out of my food.

'really?' pansy ask, raising her eyebrows.

'mmhm.' i hum.

'are you guys gonna bone?' astoria smirks.

'gross. no.' i laugh at her. 'i dont even think im gonna show up, i can get my grades up perfectly fine by myself.'

'maddy, you disappeared for over 4 months, i need you really need this tutoring.. i dont want you to get kicked out.' pansy said.

'thats the meanest thing you ever said to me.' i whine sarcastically, hiding my smirk.

'i think you should go, riddle has amazing grades anyway. i dont know how he does it.' astoria said, picking at her food.

i looked up at her and sucked in my cheek, thinking deeply. what will happen with my life if i fail?

'fine. ill go, but if i dont like it i will not be going back.' i said.

'want a condo-'

'pansy.' i said, glaring at her. astoria softly laughs beside me.

-

as much as i hate to admit it, pansy did make me believe that this was all a good idea.. so i went.

i opened the door to professor quirrell's  room and looked around, it was empty. did he bail on me?

'looking for me?' i heard a raspy voice ask behind me. i quickly turn around and saw mattheo leaning on the wall, smirking at me.

'i just thought you bailed on me.' i said, clearing my throat.

'bailed on a chance like this? no way. i get to be in the same room as you, thats more then enough.' he winks before walking to a desk and sitting down.

i roll my eyes at his words and went to sit next to him.

'so what are you failing at?' he asked.

'everything.' i softly laugh.

'everything? well this might take a while..' he breathed out.

-

mattheo made me read a whole book on spells and made me try them until i got the hang of it.

or at least got the hang of some of them. but to be honest, it was so embarrassing.

'dont be nervous, just try.' mattheo spoke, stepping behind me. i inhale a sharp breath and lift up my wand.

'serpensortia.' i whisper awkwardly.

nothing.

i groan loudly and turn around to look at him. 'i cant do it.' i breath out.