Dance Prep

This weekend is going to be busy for me... so, potentially no more daily updates once the weekend hits? We'll have to see, hope you understand. 💛

"I'm being honest, Jane...I've never had this problem before." Max had Jane propped up on her dresser, they were video chatting. The house was quiet. Susan was being pretty distant with Max, and Billy was dealing with his own complicated emotions.

"You have nice clothes, Max. It's not so hard to pick something." Jane rolled her eyes playfully and continued doing her makeup. The dance was an hour and a half away. But to Max that was no time at all.

Max sighed and went through her closet again. She did have some nice stuff, thanks to thrifting. She just couldn't decide on anything. She wanted to dress nice, makeup, hair done, tight fitted clothing. Yet that might encourage James and Troy to follow her around like horny rats. She could dress more causal. Hair down, minimal makeup, something modest. But then girls would whisper about her lack of effort. "I really don't know, Jane...what are you wearing again?"

"I sent a picture, Maxi. Have another look." Jane was concentrating on her eyeliner.

Max pulled up the photo and sighed. It was perfect.

Jane's dress was perfect, and she got to go with the beautiful Abi Martin

Jane's dress was perfect, and she got to go with the beautiful Abi Martin. Whom Max knew would expect no commitment. Whom James and Troy would of liked Max to go with. So they could watch Max and Abi kiss.

"Just wear a dress, formality is encouraged. A lot of girls will be in dresses." Jane paused and thought about it. "Do you want to borrow something from me?"

"Oh, I don't know." Max rubbed her face. This was too much. This is what she should be worrying about at her age, but it was too much. On top of her pregnancy, and her mother's. "I'm just overwhelmed, I barely want to go."

"It's going to be fun, and it's for charity! At least go long enough to give a donation and kiss your date." Jane smirked as she finished powdering her face.

"Might cost me..." She said, referring to the kiss and not the donation. "I'm done, can you just pick something for me? I don't even care how I look at this point."

"I'll show you a dress I have that I think you'll look good in." Jane picked up her phone and yanked a dress out of her closet. "What do you think?"

 "What do you think?"