Chapter 12 One last chance

Nakaupo ako sa aking mesa, magkahalong lungkot at pighati ang aking nadama. Gawa ng nangyari noong biyernes. Maya-maya pa, pumasok na si sir Gino sa aming silid. 

"Si Jessa Mendoza ay lumipat sa Maynila" nalungkot ang iba kong kaklase nang malaman nila ito.  "At si Grace Santos ay pumunta sa New York City, kasi siya ay naimbitahan doon" dagdag nito. "Sana lahat may ganoong pagkakatoon" sabi ng isa kong kaklase sa likod

Ngayon, absent si Grace, na ang ibig sabihin ay kailangang tapusin ko ang aking mga gawain sa paaralan nang mag-isa. Binuklat ko ang aking mga aklat-aralin, naghahanap ng makakaabala sa akin. Patuloy ko pa din kasi ako nanghihinayang sa pagkakataon na yun. 

Kring! Kring! tumunog ang bell. At kami ay nagrecess, bumili ako ng paborito kong siomai rice. Naupo sa lamesa at kumain. Maya-maya pa,biglang tumunog ang phone ko. Isang text mula kay sir Gino: "Mr. Coralles! Come see me later at the literature club!"

Binasa ko ito at masayang sumagot ng "Sure!" at pagkatapos ay nagsimulang gumawa sa aking mga takdang-aralin sa paaralan nang may bagong-tuklas na sigasig. Lumipas ang oras, natapos na ang aming mga subject. Pumunta ako ng literature club, at doon ko nakita si Sir Gino. Tumindig siya at, tumingin sa akin gamit ang kanyang malalim na mata. Pagkatapos, dinukot ang isang papel.

"Someone noticed your work, titled Skylar" Pinakita niya sa akin ang gawa ko noon. Ito yung isa sa mga una kong sinulat. Hindi ko akalain na mababasa pala yun ng iba.

In the bustling forest of Elmridge, there lived a small and vibrant bird named Skylar. Skylar was no ordinary bird; he had big dreams that soared higher than the tallest trees. From a young age, he yearned to touch the sky and explore the world beyond the canopy.

Every day, Skylar would watch in awe as majestic eagles and graceful swallows soared effortlessly through the vast expanse of the open sky. He would listen intently to their stories of far-off lands and adventures, fueling his own desire to embark on a similar journey.

However, Skylar faced a significant challenge that held him back – he had a small wing deformity. This made flying more challenging for him, and many of the other birds would discourage him, telling him that his dreams were simply unattainable.

Despite the naysayers, Skylar refused to give up on his dreams. Instead, he practiced tirelessly, flapping his wings with all his might, each day making small but steady progress. He was determined to show the world that his dreams were worth chasing, no matter the obstacles.

One day, a wise old owl named Orion noticed Skylar's unwavering dedication and offered to mentor him. Orion had seen many birds in his long life, but something about Skylar's spirit and determination touched him deeply. He saw potential in Skylar, far beyond what the other birds could comprehend.

Under Orion's guidance, Skylar learned valuable lessons about patience, resilience, and the true meaning of courage. Orion told him, "Believe in yourself, Skylar. Your wings may be small, but your spirit is boundless. You have a unique gift, and it's your determination that will carry you to the skies."

As the seasons passed, Skylar's flying skills improved, and his confidence grew. The other birds began to notice his progress, and some even started to cheer him on. But Skylar knew that he had yet to achieve his greatest dream – to fly above the clouds.

One bright morning, with the sun painting the sky in a kaleidoscope of colors, Skylar took a deep breath, spread his wings wide, and leaped into the air with all the strength he could muster. His heart pounded with both fear and excitement as he pushed higher and higher, flapping his wings with unyielding determination.