𝘼 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙣 𝘼𝙧𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙣

Start from the beginning

"You know, I've always wanted to build a room with a mix of everything from every nation. It would be beautiful with the differences all together" Y/N smiled weakly.

"Perhaps Rexie will bring me more silk flowers" They looked at the people who were surrounding them. 

"I am an Archon, this sickness will pass very soon. Do not worry my daises" Y/N patted their right-hand woman, who was sobbing. 

Oh how I wish I can comfort myself with ease but my kingdom comes first, that's what Father told me. 

A tale of an Archon is never happy nor sad, they are bittersweet. One cannot feel such sorrow until they've experienced it themselves. 

I think the moment I was told my mother died, my whole world stopped. During that time, my vision became...blurry. 

I could recall bits and pieces but never a full picture, I knew a death of a loved one was near and I was warned but even then at the moment. 

I couldn't accept it. 

After the funeral of my mother, I was educated on royal duties and how to rule the kingdom with no one by my side, even though I rarely see my brother due to him being appointed as a second heir. 

I was still a child holding a teddy bear when I bear the news of me becoming a monarch to the throne, a monarch to my people. 

A child. 

I think that's what growing up too fast meant in the younger days, I had no pillar to lean on and everyone expect me to be a great ruler. 

A mere descendant of two goddesses, heavy duties and expectations was something I have to abide by without it the kingdom would fall. 

When the people of the outside caught wind of my debut as a Monarch, everyone doubted me. That was expected due to my little experience and age.

I would even doubt myself. 

So I began showing hollow smiles, it's not like anyone would find out. 

Not even my brother nor my right-hand woman, they suspected nothing. 

Fallen through the traps and facade I've put up through centuries, it does get tiring but I had to keep it up to even believe that everything would be okay. 

The day I predicted my 'death' was the day I let out a breath of relief, even if it was bad news to me but I couldn't help but let out a relief that I would be in peace for a few years. 

Even though those few years would feel like nothing, I still am grateful I would take a rest but I feel guilty for leaving my kingdom, my people, the people I love and care. 

The day an undercover fatui took a stroll in the night I predicted it happened, deep down I was scared. 

Scared for my kingdom, scared for my brother, scared for me. 

How will I know the land I swore to protect will be protected without me? The moment I closed my eyes, it wasn't as relieving as I thought. 

It felt like I was suffocating, I desperately need to wake up and perform my duty as Monarch but I couldn't. 

Even if I was the Archon of Time, I couldn't meddle with fate's thread. 

That was the first rule I learned from my mother.