Chapter 17

My heart was beating rapidly inside my chest.

Why was this happening? Why couldn't he just leave us alone?

A heard a small click and a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling bathed the room in a dim yellow glow.

"Gemma Conners." Sheep Mask's voice was deep and muffled behind his mask, just like I remembered.

"You and your little boyfriend have caused me a lot of trouble these past few months."

"What do you want?" I was surprised my voice came out sounding strong and confident when I felt anything but.

Sheep Mask slowly walked around the end of the bed to stand beside my foot that was still chained to the bed post.

I tried to scoot back, not wanting to be anywhere near him, but I could only go so far.

Sheep Mask placed his cold hand on my left leg and I instantly tried to jerk my leg away from his touch.

"You're not going anywhere unless I want you to." Sheep Mask said as he slowly ran his hand up my leg.

A shudder ran through my body as I stared wide eyed at the hand that made its way up my leg.

"You see, your little boyfriend saw my face so he can identify me to the cops. That's a problem."

Sheep Mask was now running his hand up my arm and I squirmed and tried to move away but there was no where I could go.

"I know he's already given the cops a basic description of me because I've seen the flyers around. They're offering quite a bit of money for my capture." Sheep Mask chuckled.

Sheep Mask now had his hand around my neck.

"We're going to have to do something about that."

There was a sudden sharp stinging pain on my left cheek as Sheep Mask slapped me hard and a startled scream left my lips.

I felt Sheep Mask tighten his hold around my neck.

"Why don't we take a few pictures to remember the moment?" He suggested with dark humor.

My phone was snatched out of my hand and Sheep Mask instantly started tapping the screen before he held it up and took a picture, the flash momentarily blinding me.

"Lovely." He murmured as he looked at the picture.

"Shall we take another?"

I shook my head no but of course he ignored it completely.

He grabbed the front of my shirt and yanked me forward before pulling me to his side.

Tears that I hadn't even realized were falling fell from my cheeks and onto the bed.

"Why are you doing this?" My voice was no longer strong and confident. It was frail and weak.

"Because I can." He stated simply before pulling me in closer.

I pushed one hand against his chest trying to push him away from me before I felt a painful tug on my hair.

"Sit. Still." He said slowly and I could hear the warning in his voice.

I watched as he held my phone up to take another picture and I shut my eyes tight before he took it.

"Now why'd you close your eyes sweetheart?" He asked after looking at the picture.

I didn't answer. Instead I just stared at him.

Sheep Mask tilted his head to the side as he stared at me through the holes in his mask.

"Didn't you hear me ask you a question?"

I still didn't respond. I just sat still with my chest heaving up and down from fear.

Sheep Mask continued to stare at me for a few moments before he placed my phone on the bed and took a few steps forward to stand in front of me.

Almost in a blur his hand shot out and was wrapped around my neck again except this time he was applying pressure and I was finding it harder and harder to breathe.

"When I ask you a question I expect an answer."

I reached up to try and pry his fingers away from my throat as he continued to cut off my air.

Sheep Mask leaned in close to my face.

"Do you understand?"

I shook my head weakly. Black dots began to swim in my vision and I started feeling light headed.

Just when I thought I might pass out he let go and I was left coughing and gasping for air.

"I don't think you do and it's my job to make sure that you do."

Sheep Mask swung his fist forward and pain exploded across my left cheek.

I bit my tongue, drawing blood, to keep from screaming out.

He swung again, this time hitting me in my nose and I couldn't help the scream that was ripped from my throat at the pain.

I barely had time to reach up to try and shield my face when Sheep Mask was swinging his fist again, this time hitting me square in the eye.

Instead of screaming a strangled sob left me.

"P-please! Stop!" I begged.

Pain exploded across my right cheek this time as Sheep Mask ignored my pleading for him to stop.

"Go ahead Gemma. Scream for him."

He wanted me to scream for Archer, but I wouldn't.

He grabbed a hand full of my hair before pulling my face right in front of his.

"You made a mistake letting me live. A mistake that's going to cost you your life.

I spit blood out of my mouth before glaring up at him.

"Go to hell."

Sheep Mask gave a dark, deep chuckle before he shook his head.

"I'm already there, but I'll let you in on a little secret." He leaned forward again so I could feel his breath against my ear.

"Before this is all over, I'll make sure that you get to experience it with me."