Chapter Three: School Dance

Alex's POV

"Does anyone know the Latin phrase for Seize the night?" Asked Alex as she turned away from the chalkboard and stared at the small group of students who then began to raise their hands.

She looked around for a moment before calling out the one kid who look the most uninterested kid in the class. "Brent?" The curly-haired boy didn't respond.

"Kutzle?" She called out again, beginning to lose her patience. It irks her when she has to say things more than once.

A habit she picked up as she got older. Quickly, she picked up a textbook and walked over to Brent and slammed the textbook on the kid's desk, making him shoot up in his seat.

"Huh? What?!" said Brent groggily as he began to rub his eyes.

"Look kid, I get it." Alex stated. "I took Latin when I was your age and honestly, I didn't think that I would use it. You know like when you look at a math problem and think to yourself, 'When am I going to use this in real life?' you know? But you'd be surprised what Latin can be used for." She replied simply.

"Sorry, Ms. Rose." Apologized Brent as his cheeks began to flush into a bright pink.

"Now where were we?" Asked Alex as she walked back at her desk.

"Ah yes, Kutzle... What is the Latin phrase for 'Seize the night'?" She asked him.

"Carpe noctem." answered Brent.

"ALL STUDENTS AND FACULTY PLEASE REPORT TO THE AUDITORIUM PLEASE. ALL STUDENTS AND FACULTY PLEASE REPORT TO THE AUDITORIUM. THANK YOU." Announced Principal Cooper through the intercom.

"Okay guys, form a single file line, I'll be right behind you guys." Said Alex as she ushered the group out of the room. She took a quick glance back at the class before walking back.

Dammit nothing! She thought to herself before shutting it behind her. After a few minutes of walking down past the different classrooms, she finally arrived at the auditorium, reliving memories of the dance shows she would be apart of.

It was what her world revolved around and she wanted to become a professional dancer. But it was over. This was her reality now and a part of her hated that.

"Hey kiddo, you find anything?" Asked Dean as he placed a hand on her shoulder, snapping her from her reverie.

"Nothing yet, we might have to sneak in at night." Replied Alex as she, Sam and Dean took a seat next to each other as the Principal walked up to the podium.

She waited for all the students to get settled into the seats and for the commotion to subside. "As you know we lost two people this week. Ashley Johnson and Mr. Baldwin." Announced Principal Cooper to the crowd as they watched her in attention.

"They were two of the most of the kindest people that Thunder Ridge High School has ever had." The principal rambled on Alex looked around to see if there was anything suspicious going on.

"So how are we gonna sneak into the school?" Whispered Sam making sure that nobody but Alex and Dean could hear him.

"Dunno." Shrugged Alex. "Maybe bribe one of the janitors to let us in after everybody else leaves?" She suggested.

"Although I'm one for breaking into schools and all I suggest we just go to the school dance." Replied Dean with a shit-eating smirk that made Alex want to slap it off his face.

He pointed to one of the banners that surrounded the auditorium, making Sam and Alex look up.

Thunder Ridge High Senior Dance: Friday, June 5, 2014.

"Aw look at that, Dean-O knows how to read! Isn't that adorable?" Replied Alex, wiping that smug smirk of his face.

"Bitch." Muttered Dean.

"Asshole." She replied, giving him a smirk of her own.

"Okay can we get through this case without you two bickering?! When we're done then you two can go back to kicking each other's asses." Sam interrupted them.

He was clearly annoyed at the fact that both Dean and Alex were already fighting. And he has every right to be annoyed. Alex met the boys not even two hours ago and now her and Dean were at each other's throats.

"You're right Sam, I'm sorry." She said, giving Sam a sincere smile.

"Are there any of the teachers that would like to chaperon the dance?" Asked the principal, snapping the three out of their conversation.

She scanned the room until Sam spoke up. "Principal Cooper, I believe that Ms. Rose, Mr. Hamill and myself would be capable in chaperoning the dance tonight." Both Alex and Dean snapped their heads to Sam who raised an eyebrow at the both of them.

"Uh... Yes Principal Cooper I agree with Mr. Ford that we should chaperon the dance so that we could... You know... Get to know the students better." She replied shakily.

She looked at the three of them as if she was trying to let everything sink in before smiling at them.

"Alright then. You three stay with me, everybody else can go home and get ready for the dance." She said as the students and other teachers left the auditorium.

As they walked up the steps to meet with the principal, Alex and Sam stared at Dean as he watched the more attractive girls walk by him.

"Seriously Dean?" Asked Sam as he shook his head.

"What? They're hot Sammy. And one of them told me she was eighteen." Dean replied, wiggling his eyebrows at them.

"You do realize most of these girls are Freshmen right?" Alex commented.

"Oh yeah? How would you know?" Dean scoffed as he crossed his arms against his chest.

She rolled her big brown eyes at him and walked over to one of the girls. She was tall and curvy with long blonde hair with way too much make-up on her face. Alex pointed at the girl and Dean nodded.

"Excuse me?" Asked Alex as she tapped the girl's shoulder.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation on boy bands and what not but just a quick question? How old are you?" She asked.

The girl looked at her "I'm thirteen. Why do you ask?" Said the girl loud enough for Dean and Sam to hear her.

"No reason. You can go back to class sweetie." Said Alex sweetly.

She walked back to the Winchesters, joining Sam in laughing at the elder Winchester.

"You shut your faces!" Dean said angrily, making Alex laugh harder.

"You know what they call girls like that Dean-O?" Cooed Alex as she got close to him.

He glared at her. "Jail bait." She said as she walked passed him.

"Okay, she's awesome." Chuckled Sam as Dean rolled his eyes at him. "Shut up Sammy."

SAM'S POV

After a few minutes of watching his brother Dean and the new girl bickering, the three of them walked up onstage and met up with Principal Cooper.

"So uh... We just make sure nobody gets a little touchy feely here." Said Dean as he gave the Principal a wink.

Of course he would start with the flirting thought Sam as he rolled his eyes at his older brother.

"Well yes you have to make sure that the students don't get so close to each other but also that the dance goes smoothly, meaning nobody is allowed to leave the gym." Warned Principal Cooper.

The three of them nodded in agreement. "Okay good. Get home and get ready the dance starts 7:30 and I need you three help out with the decorations." She said before finally leaving.

"Well then." Sam said, turning to his older brother and their new ally. "Let's get started."