My You

/ Jungkook POV /

My head was pounding.

I didn't feel sun rays piercing through my eyelids, so it mustn't have been past dawn yet. I rolled over soft fabric so that I was laying on my side, in fetal position. Maybe that would lessen the discomfort I was feeling.

Suddenly, last night's events dawned on me. My eyes shot open. I gazed into the dark abyss and recalled every little racy detail, like I was watching the century's biggest plot twist unfold.

Holy shit. Taehyung and I did it.

The room was incredibly dark and quiet, so I couldn't make out anything in front of me. Regardless I expected hyung's warm body to be there, so I extended an arm to nudge him awake.

But I felt no one.

"...Tae?"

No response.

I sat up, then proceeded to wince and grab my head in pain. It had been a while since I drank enough to get a hangover that bad.

Slowly, I lifted myself off the bed and stood on the cold marble floor. I waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness then examined the room. No Taehyung.

Disappointment and sorrow started growing at the base of my throat. I almost cried out his name until I heard shuffling on my left.

I turned to see that the balcony door was half open. I staggered my way towards it and frantically slid the glass door fully open.

A wide-eyed, messy-haired Taehyung turned to greet me. He had put all of his clothes back on, albeit sloppily as his oversized blouse looked like it was barely hanging onto his slender shoulders.

I let out a nervous chuckle. "I thought you left me."

He smiled. "Sounds more like something you would do."

Confused at the ambiguous remark, I cocked my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing." He flashed a big heart-shaped grin and turned back to face the sea.

Now I was intrigued. I walked up the balcony and stood beside him. A strip of sun could be seen peeking through the horizon, its orange rays kissing Taehyung's pale cheek.

Beautiful.

I pinched myself. Keep it together. Say something.

"How's your ass?"

"Hurts like hell."

We paused to look at each other then burst out laughing. At the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

All of a sudden the years worth of pain and repression felt so insignificant.

I plopped an elbow on the balcony rails and rested my chin on my hand, then gazed at the rising sun in front of me.

I sighed, "It's been tough, you know."

"Hm? What has?"

"The past couple of years."

There was a long silence.

"It didn't seem like it was tough for you though." Taehyung said in a joking tone, with a hint of bitterness.

"That just means I did a good job hiding it. Seriously, we were all I could think about right before bed—every night for at least a full year."

"We, as in?"

"As in, like, that day in the toilet cubicle. And everything else after that."

"So what are you trying to say?"