We are family

Leah and I was able to see Jordan after the game was just a quick half an hour catch up but it was nice that it was just the three of us for a little bit.

Jordan travelled back to Birmingham with the rest of the Villa team that night.

We had recovery the next day and then we trained yesterday. Today we are playing Leeds in the 4th round of the FA cup. I’m in the starting line up but today I’m playing in midfield in the number 8 role.

I have worked on it in training but I haven’t played here in a game before so I’m a bit apprehensive about it but I will try to play the best that I can. There are plans to rest some players today. As I was only back for the Villa game. Jonas wants me to play the whole game. Which I am happy about, I hated sitting out against Chelsea.

Leah, Kim and Caitlin are also starting today but they will only be playing for the first 45 minutes.

We are out on the pitch in our starting positions. The ref blows the whistle we take a knee as always to show our support against all discrimination in football.

Then the ref blows the again and the game begins. We have a corner early on that comes to nothing.

In the 3rd minute I take a shot from the left side of the box but it is saved and put behind for another corner for us. I go over to take the corner. I swing it in and Leah is first to it she shoots from close to the goal but the shot is blocked.

In the next minute Katie passes me the ball I’m just outside the box. I take the shot. It’s just over the left hand corner of the goal.

We have another corner which Katie McCabe takes this time, It is quickly put behind for another corner. Katie takes again. She swings the ball in Foord is first to it she shoots from close range and it goes into the back of the net. 1-0 to us.

A couple of minutes later we have another corner. Katie takes it Kuhl is first to it she shoots but the ball is blocked. It comes to me, I set Kuhl up she shoots and it goes in the right corner. I run over to celebrate with her. 2-0 to us.

In the 15th minute Katie crosses the ball in from the right Kuhl gets her head to it but the ball is saved.

Steph Catley goes down with an injury she needs some treatment.

I walk over to Kim and Leah and we are chatting tactics. Kim walks away soon after and Leah says to me “nice assist”

I smiled and said “thanks”

She said “there isn’t a position you can’t play is there”

“I draw the line at goalkeeper but you know I don’t mind where I play I will always try my best” I said

“I know babe, it’s what makes you such a special player” she said

I replied “A bit like you then”

She smiled at me and said “maybe”

I winked at her and went back to my position.

Steph got up she’s going to be ok to continue.

Over the next couple of minutes we have a couple of corners that come to nothing. Then in the 26th minute we have another corner this time I take it. I swing the ball into the centre of the box and Leah is first to it with her head but the ball is saved by the keeper. The ball comes out and it comes to me. I work my way to the centre of the box and shoot but a defender blocks the ball.

4 minutes later Katie crosses the ball in for Foord who heads it towards goal but the ball is saved.

In the 36th minute I pass the ball to Kim and she shoots but the ball is saved again but it goes out for a corner. I go over to take, I cross the ball in it drops to Foord she shoots the ball is saved in the top right corner.

In the 42nd minute Foord in fouled in the area and we are given a penalty.

Kim steps up to take. She is as calm and composed as she usually is she slots the ball into the bottom left corner of the goal. 3-0 to us. We all run over to celebrate with Kim.

There is not much more action in the first half. The whistle goes for half time and we go into the changing rooms.

Jonas tells us that Leah, Kim, Caitlin and Gio are coming off. Replacing them are Lotte, Maanum, Stina and Hurtig. He also says that he wants more of the same from us. Then he goes onto say “Dani you’re taking the captains armband for the second half. You have proved yourself to the fans and the team and you are still a leader on and off the pitch”

I was pretty shocked I didn’t think that I would ever get to wear the armband again after all that has happened recently. Kim got up and walked over to me. She put it on my arm and said “it’s what you deserve, I’m sure everyone in this room would agree” Kim looked around to see if anyone else would say something then Foord stood up, with her being one of the people that really went in on me at the time I was expecting her to not agree. She said “I know a lot of us have regrets for the way we treated you. I do especially. I’m sorry. You are a team player and I know that you love this team. Truth is, we love you to” I didn’t say anything I got up and walked over to Caitlin and hugged her. I pulled away and said “thank you”

She said “we should of supported you like you would of done for any of us”

“let’s forget about it. Go out and play like the family that we are”

I walked back out to the pitch with Leah, she gave me a side hug but didn’t say anything. She went to sit in the stand and I returned to the pitch for the second half.