Chapter 9: That Abandoned Building (part 2)

Warning: RATED MATURE.

Chapter 9: That Abandoned Building(part 2)

With the dim light from the tinted window, Armin woke hesitantly. For some reason, his head ached with a terrible pain pulling near the nape of his neck and he had the urge to vomit. He managed to get his head off the floor and examine the unfamiliar surroundings.

There was nothing besides a wooden chair that was occupied by a man, both tall and broad. His head hurt too much to have any type of reaction.

"Hello Christa." The man spoke with a monotoned voice. He reached into his pant's pocket and pulled out a wad of blond hair. "Or should I say Armin Arlert."

"H-How," Armin managed with a shaky voice. "How do you know my name?"

The man stood from his seat in the middle of the room and walked over to the window the faint light came from. Armin tried to move again, but his body felt restricted. He looked to see his entire body engulfed with layers upon layers of rope.

He tried to remember how he ended up here, kidnapped. Did anyone even know he was missing? The more he tried to think, the more it became such a complicated blur. For now, he'll rest. Hopefully this man means no harm.

The man finally spoke, with a more gentle tone. Maybe it was a hint of sarcasm.

"Well, originally we planned to kidnap your friend Historia, that is until you decided to play dress up." He moved away from the window now and walked over just so he was in reach of Armin. "So tell me, how did you know about our plan? Does anyone else know? Were you just trying to protect her?"

All these questions were flying straight past Armin. He was still dizzy and that migraine from only a couple of minutes ago grew stronger with even the slightest noise. Make it stop. Armin begged in his mind as the faintest buzz of a fly pounded his ear drums. Make the pain stop.

"Why does my head hurt." Armin mumbled through gritted teeth.

"Oh sorry that's an effect from the drink we gave you."

Drink. It all came back to him.
~~~~
"Christa! Closing time!" Connie called to him from serving last drinks. Armin saluted Connie playfully and ran to the front of the shop. There, standing in all its glory was the closing sign pointing towards him. He had waited for this moment his whole night. Finally, he can go home.

He flipped the sign around. He watched, rather pleased, as a few couple's faces outside the bar either turned sour or disappointed. There is always tomorrow.

The last thirty minutes was cleaning and letting the last costumers out that finished their drinks. However, there were two men sitting at the back bar no one took notice for.

"Hey waiter!" They called Connie who now stood behind the bar. Connie dropped his rag down onto the counter and walked over with the same dimwitted smile he always had.

"Yes? How may I help you?"

"Can you make one final drink to the waiter over there?" They giggled excessively, and being more on the slow side, Connie agreed. He walked back over to the bar and prepared a drink.

"Now where is the liquor?" Connie mumbled softly under his breath as he bent down to check the compartments. The drink unoccupied, the man with the fedora quickly slipped a few drops of poison into the cup.

"That was too much!" The other man hissed out, slapping the taller on the arm. The man pouted as he slipped the vile back into his coat's inside pocket.

"Did you say something?" Connie asked cheerfully with a unopened bottle. The two men shook their heads and Connie continued to prepare the drink.

"Christa, do you need a ride home?" Reiner hollered out from behind enclosed doors. Armin thought for a moment. He really didn't feel like driving home, especially with his eyelids tugging at him for shut eye.