Chapter 14: Family

Start from the beginning

'You love her?' asked Esme, gently. 

'More than you' spitted Helena, rudely. 'How would you know?' asked Alice. 

'She is family now, your plan won't work Helena. In the end, you know your fate' said Alice.

Helena looked at her with pure hatred in her eyes.  'We shall see' said Helena, with a smile.

She then with full vamp speed she ran away and disappeared before their eyes, they were all about to head after her when Carlise said 'Don't bother'. They all looked at him confused.

'Let's go home for now, you two find y/n' said Carlise.

~

The bell rang and thankfully it was the end of the day. Y/n picked up her bag and walked with Angela to the main entrance. Thankfully the rain cleared up and you could see some of the blue sky through the dark clouds. 'I'll see you tomorrow?' asked Angela. 'Sure, see you Angela' said Y/n. She smiled. 'Bye y/n' said Angela, walking away with Eric. She watched them walk away and felt a pang of loneliness. She looked all around for a sign of Jake. And yet he was no where to be seen. She walked over to the bike, double checking he wasn't anywhere to be found. Without looking back she drove away, her hair flowing in the wind. It was pretty much a straight road until she was home. 

She enjoyed every moment of the journey. Taking in the beautiful coloured trees, some of them deep green and others dark orange. It was soon to be winter. Her hair flowed freely in the wind and she could feel the cold breeze on her arms. It was quiet on the road, hardly any cars around. And considering at this time, she did think it was a little strange. Suddenly she could see a dark figure in the distance. With glowing red eyes. At first her mind went to Alice because of the dark hair but she wouldn't have red eyes. 

The woman would not move off the road as she edged closer. So ultimately she slowed down a few paces in front of her. That's when she realised who it was. She looked to be a vampire with a strangely close look of her mother. She became short of breath. 'Who are you?' breathed y/n.

'I'm your mother' said Helena, proudly. 

'What!!!' cried Y/n, her eyes widening. 

'Come on, let's talk about this at home' said Helena, with a smile. 

Home. She said it so normally. 

Like she never left in the first place. 

Like she wasn't a vampire. 

She reluctantly followed her home, keeping her distance. Once they reached home it started pouring it down again. Y/n found herself becoming emotional and angry. Why did her father lie to her about her death? Or was that all he knew? All those years he suffered alone, without the love of his life. And now she was just back.

'How could you?' cried Y/n, her eyes full of tears. She looked at her perplexed.

'You left us. Dad was broken... so broken that he could never love me' wailed Y/n. 

'You left us alone. You left me alone...' sounded Y/n, tears down her face.

'I'm sorry baby. But I couldn't come back. Not with the amount of blood lust I felt' said Helena.

'Why now?' shouted Y/n. 

'I had to see you, I'm in control now and your fathers gone-' said Helena, being cut off.

'- Wait! How do you know about that?' asked Y/n.

'I've kept my eye on you for years, but I only recently heard about your father leaving' said Helena.