Epilogue (One Shot Winner)

~A/N from @illiterate-writer~ This (awesome) piece of writing was written by Winter, from the account @equestrianism_. I've read quite a few pieces of her writing and they are all very good. Go check them out!! (But also read this piece of writing)

*Prim's POV*

The train jolts back and forth as it pulls up to the station. We're back. We're back in District 12.

Am I ready to see what happened? To see what happened to everyone I know. Friends, my neighbors and fellow people at the Hob? Oh, what about my mother? She must be worried sick, but so relieved at the same time.

My shoulder shakes, and I turn to see Peeta standing behind me with his hand on my shoulder, comforting me with his warm smile; Katniss stands behind him, her hair in the traditional braid, smiling and urging me outside with her head. As I stand up, I realize that maybe the Games haven't changed either of us for the worst, and maybe it brought us all together as one. But you never know what anyone's hiding in their head.

We meet up with Effie and Haymitch at the door, and I run my sweaty palms together to ease my nerves.

"You'll be fine. Just smile and wave," Katniss whispers, and I want to turn around and hug her, but I can't move. How does she know how to calm everyone down so easily, and make a bad situation good?

The doors open, and for once in my life, I'm not prepared. Stepping out with my fellow tribute, Peeta, Katniss follows behind by herself, Effie and Haymitch next, and then our stylists, Cinna and Portia. I haven't thanked Cinna yet, oh I'm such a bad tribute.

The crowd erupts from silence to cheers in seconds, and in moments, I notice my mother standing next to Gale, and I hope Katniss sees them. Mother smiles softly, as Gale waves and cheers at us, smiling and wording things I can't understand. Turning back, I notice Katniss talking back to him.

After the crowd dies down, Peacekeepers walk us to our old home, and tells us to start unpacking because we're moving into the Victors Villages, and my heart skips a beat. We have to leave our home, and everything we ever cherished? Sure, we can keep things, but it won't be the same.

I pick up an old photo of Dad, and even though I was little when he died in the accident, it was tragic to lose a father figure. "Katniss," I whisper, careful not to draw attention to Mother.

I hear her shoes creak across the wood flooring that's probably rotten. She hugs me from behind, noticing that I'm rubbing circles around the rusted yellow frame.

"How do they expect us to adapt to a new house when everything we know, everything we loved, is right here. I don't want to leave," a single tear slips down my face.

She takes one of her fingers and with one motion, she swipes my face rid of the tear. "Because we're brave, Little Duck."

And now, recommendation/promotion/advertisement time!

Title: 6 Degrees of Separation

Author: @ equestrianism_

I started this story from my heart, because I was leaving my eight grade class for a much more intriguing experience: high school. I was prepared to leave, but preparing for graduation, i realized that maybe I'm just telling myself this to make everything better. So, instead of letting everything pile up in my head, I wrote it on a paper, though more like a keyboard. Rushing things like this is risky, because you don't want to forget what you remembered, and cherish the moments. So, wherever you are, however old you are, whenever you read this, just remember: don't waste the moment; it's yours.

>>winter

~A/N from @illiterate-writer~ This is the end guys...

I hope you guys have enjoyed this whole journey with Prim and I (and the other characters).

I will continue to write, so look out for some new books soon!

I have some other books out already so go check them out if you want ;)

Thank you so much for the support throughout the whole book, and making this whole thing possible.

Love ya~!!!

-Monica