Act I

It is the Kakusei era, year 3XXX.

The world has undergone a drastic change due to the series of global conflict, ecological disasters, and the advancement of technology. Modern civilization had long collapsed and the merging of countries, increase in oligarchs and totalitarian regimes, corruption, and warfare was rampant.

Left alone, uninterrupted without pause, was a world unbeknownst to those fortunate; a world filled with demons and those who slay them.

MEDIA DICTIONARY
* Thoughts
* "Dialogue."
* 'Telepathic dialogue.'
* "Past conversation."

┍━ 【❀】 ━┑

CHAPTER ONE

Himari Maeda, a young flower in the Yaegashi municipality of Ni-Kunoe Prefecture, stood before a grave, offering silent reverence. The somberness of the early morning complemented the mournful atmosphere of the cemetery, evoking feelings of anguish, sorrow, regret, remorse, and heartbreak.

After a prolonged period of silent prayers, Himari gently laid a beautiful arrangement of white orchids and lilies on the grave. With a heartfelt expression, she whispered, "Father-sama and I hope that you are finding peace in your eternal rest. We carry your memory with us every day and we miss you dearly... On this special day, we wish you a joyous birthday, dear Okasan."

When Himari was just seven years old, her mother passed away due to a sudden and deadly illness. Despite more than ten years passing since the tragic event, the emotional wound inflicted by her mother's untimely death remained open and painfully raw, vowing to never heal.

As the leaden skies darkened, ominous clouds emerged and a gentle shower began. Himari unfurled her umbrella upon sensing the first few raindrops, and proceeded along the path to leave the cemetery.

I do not like the rain. I enjoy watching it, but I do not like to get wet. I should hurry home before it begins to pour.

Amidst the gentle patter of rain, Himari's attention was drawn by a faint meow. Her gaze shifted towards the source, revealing a small black kitten peering out from behind a gravestone. Surprised, she softly questioned, "Is that a kitten I see?"

The kitten weaved between Himari's legs as it settled down at her feet, gazing up at her with its pleading, azure eyes. The adorable creature emitted gentle mewls and rumbled with delight, rolling on the smooth cobblestone pathway. "Mew, mew, mew!"

Unable to contain her excitement, Himari crouched down to pet the precious little creature. She gently ran her fingers through the kitten's soft and moist fur, unable to resist showering it with affectionate words. "Neko, neko, neko. You are so cute."

✧TRANSLATION: Unable to contain her excitement, Himari crouched down to pet the precious little creature. She gently ran her fingers through the kitten's soft and moist fur, unable to resist showering it with affectionate words. "Kitty, kitty, kitty. You are so cute."

Before disappearing into the alleys, the kitten affectionately rubbed and nudged against her legs.

I should hurry home...

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The wrought iron gates of an impressive estate swung open, the sound reverberating through the air.

The manor belonged to the illustrious Katōwamuro family, esteemed for their vast wealth and prominence in New Japan. Through dubious means, including deep connections with the Yakuza, the Katōwamuros had ascended to power centuries ago, exerting influence over various aspects of the government. Unique to their bloodline, each direct descendant possessed striking characteristics: vibrant emerald eyes and lustrous fuchsia hair.