Chapter 197. Kali encounters a minotaur.

Start from the beginning

With such a short skirt and her [Golden Crown]'s great height, Kali could almost see her privates. Blushing, she asked, "C-Could you make your skirt longer?"

The [Golden Crown] smiled gently and tapped the floor with her staff. Flowers grew from the ground and interlocked, fusing with her current dress creating a skirt with a train that was still short enough in the front to display her beautiful ankles and bare feet.

Kali looked the [Golden Crown] up and down and couldn't take her eyes off of her, blushing crimson. Her fox tail wagged, and her fluffy ears twitched every time she looked at her. 'W-Why did she change to that form? She was much slimmer before... Moreover, besides her face, which is gentler than Yasenia's, the rest is similar to her... Are my deepening feelings for Yasenia transforming her? H-How should I look at my love when I summon her near her? So embarrassing!'

Feeling her embarrassment, the [Golden Crown] looked at Kali with a gentle smile, so small that it was almost imperceptible, but Kali managed to see it. 'She can comprehend my feelings!?'

Kali opened her eyes, and any other thoughts flew away, focusing on the tall lady beside her. She asked excitedly, "Did you gain intelligence? Can you understand me?"

Normally summons could understand complex battle commands because they were linked with their summoner's soul and were created for that. However, they wouldn't be able to understand emotions no matter how much you tried to share feelings through the link. Energy is used to maintain that link like a bridge. Because of this, if a summoner stops providing energy to a summon, they either disappear or stand there doing nothing until the energy inside them dissipates.

This was why Kali was so excited upon seeing the [Golden Crown] show a reaction to her feelings. After hearing her question, the [Golden Crown] looked at her but didn't speak, nor did she make any more movement. Kali was so disappointed that even her tail drooped. "It is still too early." A sigh involuntarily left her mouth.

Kali watched as the [Golden Crown] looked North taking a combat position. Thanks to her ability to control vegetation, and the fact that they were in a place similar to a rainforest, the [Golden Crown] was extremely perceptive of the 700 meters around her, putting to shame the spiritual sense of any cultivator around. Moreover, the amount of life energy around was passively buffing her, making this sense even stronger.

Kali saw her reaction and took out her sword as well. Using her [Mother Nature Coat] she wrapped her body with sparsely flowered roots increasing her plant affinity, defense, agility, and strength of her skills. Then, she used [Dryad Summoning] to summon four archers and two casters. Kali commanded them to hide in the thick vegetation of their surroundings. She did nothing more so that she wouldn't alert the approaching threat.

What appeared before her was a male beastkin. She was surprised at his bull-shaped head, legs that ended in hooves, and hairless yet quite bulky torso. It was clear to her that she was looking at a Minotaur.

Besides the obvious bull features, the thing that differentiated minotaurs from humans was their height. This one, for example, was very tall, reaching almost two and a half meters in height. His body was muscular, looking like a mountain of rock-hard muscles, and only his waist was covered with animal leather short pants.

Kali was surprised because this race was very scarce in the Sky Continent surroundings as it had almost gone extinct. The males from this race were too well endowed to breed with human-sized females, so they couldn't reproduce that well outside of their own race. Moreover, minotaur children were not small. A human-sized woman was much more likely to die when giving birth to a minotaur child.

Additionally, minotaur females weren't conventionally attractive by most human standards seeing as they didn't differ much from males. With the same cow heads, rock-hard muscles, and extremely tall frames, while their large breasts could be seen as attractive to some, besides a few... quirky individuals, female minotaurs were often passed over in favor of other beast-human females.