Chapter 63: Trick

Start from the beginning

This was also why Kristina had been happy for Layla to become her daughter-in-law back then. Arianna seemed to have nothing at all. When she married into the Johns family, there was not even a wedding, but Benjamin insisted on marrying her, so Kristina had to compromise with Richard supporting the decision.

Elder Hudson loved Victoria very much. It was not an exaggeration to say she was the treasure everyone loved.

Soon after Layla left, there was a knock-on Kristina's door.

Kristina called out her permission to enter. The person who came in was Victoria.

"Grandmother!" Victoria entered with a smile.

"Victoria? Why are you here? Your mother has just left and she said she's going back to pay your grandfather a visit." Kristina was surprised to see Victoria.

Victoria smiled, still appearing slightly pale. There were also faint signs of distress in her expression, but her tone of voice was oddly carefree. It was the kind of nonchalant tone one forced to put on a tough act.

"I received Mother's call when I arrived here, but I still wanted to come up and take a look. I'll leave through the back door later. There are quite some reporters at the entrance."

Kristina's attitude became loving and tender towards her as she sighed,

"Victoria, we'll just stay put and observe this scandal for now. I know that it's been tough for you. Your sister really overdid it this time."

"I'm alright. She has her own issues and unhappy moments as well, so I hope everyone can go easy on her. By the way, Grandmother, I know you're struggling with the document that's in Aunt Arianna's hand recently. This is Ethan's engagement present for me. Take a look at it. It might help if you go to sister with this."

Victoria took out a document from her bag and handed it to Kristina.

"What is this? Engagement present?"

Kristina looked at Victoria curiously when Victoria handed her the document, she did not take it from her immediately.

A weak smile appeared on Victoria's pale face.

"Why don't you take a look first? Although I understand it might be a little tough on Sister, I really feel horrible seeing you and Mother struggle about this. Sister's impression of me has never been best anyway. Adding this incident doesn't really matter much."

Victoria laughed bitterly, then she continued,

"Grandmother, can just say that I told you to do so? And, Grandmother, I hope you can promise me one thing. After you get back the 20% of shares, can you give it to Sister in the future as her dowry so that I can feel better?"

Kristina found comfort in Victoria's words. She smiled and sighed,

"Victoria, you're just too kind. I wouldn't have to go through this hard time if your sister was half as nice as you. Don't worry, Johns Media will only belong to you in the future. As for Arya, Johns Media will only fall if she handles it. I've put in my all into Johns Media. It's like my life now. I can only rest easy if I leave it in your hands. As for Arya, it's good enough to give her something as compensation."

After that, she took the document from Victoria and opened it. Upon taking a glance at it, a doubtful look appeared on her face. She averted her gaze towards Victoria and asked,

"What does this mean? What can this do?"

Victoria smiled. With an emotional tone, she said,

"Grandmother, it... You'll figure it out if you think it through. It should be very important to Sister. She'll understand once she sees it."