Chapter XVIII- Bad Moon Rising

Start from the beginning

John crouches behind some brush, motioning for us to stay quiet and get down.

"That's it. They're in there." He says, pointing to a large wooden barn in the middle of a clearing.

"How many?" Sam asks, looking at his knife for a minute.

"There's no way to tell. Probably around 10 or 15." John says and Dean clicks his tongue.

"Damn." He mumbles, and my eyes widen.

"It's okay," John says. "I have a plan."

*~*~*

As we're walking through the freakin' layer of these vamps, I tread lightly, basically holding onto the back of Sam's jacket. This plan really didn't make all that much sense to me, and I was pretty convinced that John's plan was to kill us all. He was off somewhere looking for the colt, while me and the boys looked elsewhere. Dean stops, pointing to the far wall where a cage is, filled with prisoners. Dean signals something to Sam, and I look around with wide eyes as I survey the danger. There were about 7 vampires sleeping in hammocks about 50 feet away, and I feared that freeing these people would be the first thing to wake them up. I grip the large machete in my hands, holding it up incase one of the vamps woke up.

Sam works on the lock, opening it with ease and pointing in the direction the prisoners needed to go in. The men and women nod, shuffling quickly out the door. It's then we hear a loud crashing and a yell. Sam and Dean exchange a look, obviously John's in some trouble.

John comes, barreling into the large room filled with sleeping vamps. He pulls out a large knife, swinging it with ease and slicing it at a hissing vampire. In a solid swing, he cuts it's head off and yells towards us,

"Run!" He commands and I freeze. Dean jumps into action, pushing me towards the door and yelling for Sam and me to go. Sam grabs my arm as the other vamps spot us, running towards us.

"Will the sun hurt them?" I ask, and Sam nods.

"Yeah, but not enough to stop them if they really want to follow." Sam turns, cutting an arm from one of the bloodsuckers. I look over my shoulder as Dean and his dad face the army of vamps, their backs to us. Their slowly inching towards the door, and an angry feeling sets in my stomach. I scrunch my nose; grinding my teeth as I remember the first night I encountered a vampire and the nasty things it said to me. These things were wicked, and need to be eliminated. I run forward, and I feel Sam's fingertips glide over my arm as he tries to grab me as I run from him and towards the battleground. Dean turns toward me with raised eyebrows, and I hear his baffled gasp as I slice and slash everything that comes my way. I barely notice as blood gushes onto me, and I'm dripping in the warm, sticky liquid. I don't know how many I actually killed, if any, I had just been taken over by anger and it'd fueled me with enough energy to hold off the bastards. I don't stop, either, not until I'm lifted away and dragged from the room. The boys take off, away from the old barn. Dean is carrying me by my waist, and my madness follows me from the scene of my freak-fest as I kick and scream.

"Whoa, easy." Dean says, setting me down by the cars. He holds my face in between his hands, and I refuse to make eye contact with him. My eyes look around wildly, and it feels as if I can't control my own movements. I try to tear away from Dean, but he holds me roughly. "What the hell is the matter with you?" He asks, shaking me slightly. I look into his eyes; gasping for air as I remember the night he saved me. The night after my parent's death he'd come for me in that tiny, dusty room. I'd been strapped to a chair, and he'd come to the rescue, and it felt like ages ago.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I breathe out heavily, shaking my arms out. I look down, my shirt stained in red.

"You don't look fine, are you good to drive?" He asks and I nod.