Chapter 13: Friends with Benefits

~I hope you guys like it! This chapter is sorta filler with some importance.  Anyways, comment, vote, enjoy!~

Chapter 13

The remainder of my night went by in a blur. How can those two men be the same person? The visitor in my dreams spoke of the man who kidnapped me negatively... why would he say such things about himself? Why would he tell me how terrible the Master is, if he was in fact the Master himself? Nothing made sense anymore. Was this all just a game? A game to see how long it takes before my small brain explodes inside my skull?

I wouldn't say I was stupid, but I wasn't an accelerated learner either. After what happened to my little brother, I stopped doing my homework and listening in class. Actually, I typically skipped school altogether. The only reason I didn't drop out was for my mother's sake. She'd already been through so much in her life; I couldn't bear to put her through any more pain.

So, since I wasn't very smart, maybe I was missing something? Something hidden right beneath the surface that was not visible to me. Was there something I hadn't noticed, something right in front of my eyes?

It goes without saying, I spent my night tossing and turning. Well, to be more accurate, I was sitting up trying not to sleep just in case the Master attempted to visit my dreams. Morning came slowly, and I took my time getting ready. I almost had the urge to put on my beautiful ball gown again; maybe I could see Reuban's reaction one more time. I had to quickly dismiss that inappropriate thought from my head as I slipped on a pair of blue jeans and a black tank top and left my wet hair down. Surprisingly, considering the circumstances, I almost felt giddy.

I finally found an answer. That realization, while ignoring its implications, was exciting for me. It gave me hope that maybe I would one day find all the answers I was looking for. There was, of course, still the fact that I didn't know who this abductor was. Why did he choose me? Who was this Master anyways? How did he enter my dreams? Why did everyone shun away from the mysterious name, Suvorov, which I found on a door of all places? Finally, why was my mind so absorbed with the idea of vampires? What on earth could that have to do with the strange gray door I found?

All these questions had my mind spinning in a constant lap of circles; this only seemed to frustrate me and turn my good mood sour. I sighed in indignation as I walked from my room to Ron's kitchen. I was nearly there, keeping my head down the whole way, when I bumped into something hard and tall. I landed on my backside and let out a groan of pain.

"Are you alright?" Seth asked, reaching out a hand to help me up. A subtle blush crept up my neck, remembering the awkwardness with Seth. I noticed that he kept glancing to the kitchen stairs, his eyes a strange mix between brown and red.

"I'm fine, thanks. Um... Seth, is there a reason you're standing outside the stairs to the kitchen?" He glanced once again to the stairway and let out a frustrated sigh.

"I ordered something from the kitchen an hour ago, and it never came to my room." He sent me a pleading look, appearing desperate.

"Why don't you just go down and get it?" His face went to an even whiter shade of pale.

"I-I can't, but you can. Would you mind going down there and telling him to hurry it up?" I sighed in resignation and hastily ran down to the kitchen. I didn't want to make Seth wait any longer, he might convulse on the floor.

"Ron, order up!" I called out to him as I dashed into the kitchen. Silence followed my words, and it took me a few seconds to realize Ron wasn't there. The kitchen seemed barren and dark without Ron's warm inviting presence. Just as I was turning to head back up the steps, a shuffling noise caught my attention. It sounded like a body dropping to the floor.