Coffee with Wally

At dead on 11 the door bell rang. I went to the front door and opened it. It was Wally who I was expecting. I said “Hey, come in”

“thanks” Lia said and she walked through to the living room.

“Want a coffee” I asked

“Yes please” Lia said

I went and made us both a coffee and brought it back to the living room. I handed Lia her drink and sat on the other end of the sofa. We were just chatting about Arsenal at first then she said.

“So, what’s going on with Leah and Viv. Seemed liked it was really bothering you the other day and it must still be if you asked to talk about it” Lia said

I replied “Viv and Steph asked me why I don’t go out to events with Leah and I told them the truth that I never get an invite”

Lia said “But Leah would have a plus 1 wouldn’t she”

“That’s what they said. But it’s because Leah isn’t out and she doesn’t want the media attention. Viv said that her and Beth are out to the wider world as I called it” I said

“Yeah like me and Caitlin are” Lia said

“Yeah. But you are all out. I know I am but Leah isn’t. She believes that it ruined her and Jordan’s relationship. That’s why they unfollowed each other on social media and stopped being seen together outside of football”

Lia said “You and Leah follow each other though”

I said “yeah but we were friends for like 11 years before we got together. So people would think nothing of it really. Steph said that she feels like Leah goes out and lives the single life but then comes home to me. Made it sound like I was here as a convenience for Leah”

Lia said “Is that what you think”

“No not at all. I know Leah loves me. She is there for me when I need her. Even today she wasn’t going to go out because I got upset about not talking to my parents anymore” I said

“Have you spoken to Leah about it” Lia asked

I replied “Yeah but don’t think we really got anywhere I told her I felt left out of part if her life and she said that it was because she doesn’t want me and her to end up like her and Jordan did. I get it to a certain extent but then I also want to be able to go on a date with my girlfriend without other people having to come. I don’t just want to stay in all the time. I love the time I get to spend with her but I don’t want to feel like I’m a secret either”

Lia said “Is it likely to change”

“I guess not. I just need to learn to live with it don’t I” I said

“Sounds like Leah just wants to keep her private life private” Lia said

“I know. I feel like she is trying to protect me. I get that but then I get that Viv and Steph were trying to look out for me to but they couldn’t understand why Leah does it” I said

Lia said “I get that they all care about you. You need to decide what you are going to do. What is best for you”

“If I don’t go along with the being private thing then I know I will lose Leah. That’s the last thing that I want. I love her” I said

Lia said “I think that’s your answer. I know Leah loves you. Even before you are her got together you are all she used to talk about”

“I’m making a big thing out of nothing aren’t I” I said

She said “I don’t think it’s nothing but at least you can go to someone and talk it out and decide on what you want to do. Sometimes you just need a outside perspective. I’m guessing that’s why you’re speaking to me and not Beth or Viv”

I said “Yeah. I just needed a different view and not a biased one. Thanks for listening it has really helped”

Lia said “It’s fine. I’m always here for you if you need me”

“Thank you” I said