Chapter 22

The fateful date of the British driver's birthday was getting closer, and the two young women were dying of impatience at the idea of seeing him again, particularly Alba.

The day before they left for Great-Britain, they went shopping for a present to give to Lando. Aria already had an idea and bought him a stuffed animal that looked exactly like the tiger one he slept with when he was at her house. With it came a small passeport. The engineer took the time to write it's name and birthdate in, as well as its parent's name,...

The Italian struggled a bit more to find the perfect present. After all, she didn't know him that much. She spent some time hesitating between a bracelet and a beanie. She stayed concentrated on the two photos of potential presents for the British man. If she offered him a bracelet, she was afraid he would lose it, due to the fact he could not take it on races with him. But if she took a beanie, since it's near from the hivernal season, it could be useful.

She settled on the beanie. Alba still needed to choose a color and if she wanted, or not, to write something on it. She decided to take it in black and write Norris in orange, like his team color. For the writing, she took a calligraphy one. Thanks to a small tablet, she had access to a preview of what it would look like, and Alba fell in love with the design. She thought it was the piece of clothing that represented really well the British boy.

----

Their suitcases done, the two engineers went to the airport. Their program indicated that they would go straight to Landon's, to help him set up everything, before dressing up and going to the party. Lando offered to come and get the at the airport, but the two women refused, as they didn't want to waste his time.

Once arrived at the British boy's house, the Spanish women put their things away in their shared guest room. They then went straight the bathroom to do their hair and make-up.

Alba opted for a mint satin dress, ending mid-thigh. The dress was backless, the front showed just a bit of clivage and the dress was tied into a knot behind her neck. Her hair was slightly curled, and long enough to cover her bare back. Alba's make-up was simple yet out of the ordinary.

Aria had opted for a long bronze satin dress, that ended right before her ankles. Her backless dress had small ropes. The engineer's dress had a slit on the right, form her ankles to her mid-thigh. She curled her hair too, but it wasn't too long so her bare back appeared a little.

----

Lando had already left the apartment, after leaving a spare key to his Spanish friend, so she could close the door behind her. Alba took care of the Uber, and the women both grabbed their jackets, as London is a colder city than Madrid. While Alba did that, Aria locked the door and to the lift, Lando's presents in their bags.

They arrived at the party after a fifteen minute drive to the nightclub. Aria abruptly stopped walking towards the club and Alba, seeing the lack of friend by her side turned around and met the gaze of the terrified brunette. The Italian woman walked to her and put her hand on Aria's back.

- You're okay Aria ? She asked concerned

- Yeah don't worry. Answered the engineer, her voice trembling.

- Aria.

- It's nothing I promise, I just need a few minutes. You can go in and tell Lando we're here. Said Aria, her gaze still fixated on the club's name.

- I'm not gonna leave you alone. Answered Alba, concern Witten on her features.

- I need to do this alone Alba. I need to get inside on my own.