FOUR

𝘐 𝘏𝘈𝘛𝘌𝘋 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘔

"No one can save you now."

Those words were still fresh in my head. The cocky laughter that accompanied it. The filthy hands that tugged roughly at my clothes.

A gasp of pain.

My mum's loud argument with my dad over the phone had woke me up. I stirred up from sleep feeling dehydrated. My throat utterly dried up. The nightmare felt so real. I could swear that I felt their hands and breathe on me.

Their laughter too kept echoing in my ears.

"Chike, listen to me! Do you even care about your daughter at all?" My mum said out loudly with so much rage.

She sounded really angry. Well, it was quite normal whenever she got on a call with my father.

I was about to get on my feet when the door shoveled open. My mum walked in. Her head tie loosely hanged out. Garbed in her long white nightwear.

"Your grandma is dead." She said with a wobbly voice.

I chuckled.

"Oh am I glad. She's not my grandma." I said sitting up and picking up my phone that beeped with notifications.

"Lotachi!! Don't say that! She's your dad's mother." She said in a pleading voice. Her weary eyes stared at me.

"She's the reason your husband is not with us now but with that other woman. She's the reason you lost your child. She's the reason for everything. How are you so calm after everything that goddamn woman did to you!" My eyes getting all watery and everything around blurry. 

Deafening silence. Just the gloomy expressions.

"Jesus should forgive me but I am glad she died." I added leaving the room to have breakfast before school.

She was the reason I hated my own father for always listening to her. I hated them. My father, my father's mother and the other woman.