26: My Sexuality.

Start from the beginning

Scrolling through my comment section has quickly become one of my favorite things to do during my free time. However, it's also the most nerve wracking thing as not everyone is always so... kind. Well, there's that and the fact that some boundaries simply do not exist on the internet, which I've come to terms with.

Some things do still take me by surprise though...

'Still such a huge fan! Hope to run into you again soon xoxo Charlie!'

I always try to like and even respond to as many people as possible at least once a day, but just this once I think I'm allowed to ignore his comment. Again.

This past week he's been flooding my comment section, DMs and taking part in my Q&As on my story. I feel bad for doing this just because he's dating my exes, but our entire interaction was just off-putting to me and it kind of makes me uncomfortable even thinking about running into him again...

So, for both our sakes, I won't entertain the idea of us meeting again at all. Maybe he'll get the hint someday.

He most certainly did not get the hint!

My eyes take in the scene before me and my fingers move on autopilot to shut the elevator doors again. The person next to me must think I'm crazy, but...

"What's he doing here?!" I whisper-yell to Jas on the phone. She was the only other person who saw our previous and only conversation take place, so she'll understand my hesitancy to speak to him again.

"Who's he?" The sounds of the coffee machine whirring in the background nearly block out her voice.

"Charlie, my exes new boyfriend!"

I hear something clatter and it's followed by an abundant amount of muttered apologies, "Ruby, I'll be back in a sec-" a door opens and closes and I let myself take a breather, "where is he?"

"He's by the front doors, I went to go pick something up at the front desk and there he was sitting on one of the chairs..."

"What do you think he wants?"

I shrug, "your guess is as good as mine..." The elevator dings, letting me know that I'm back on my floor. In my haste to get back to my desk, I bump into someone. A certain someone I could really go without seeing right about now.

"Watch it, Noah!" She yells, flipping her pink ponytail in my face as she walks past me. "What's the rush anyways?" She asks as she presses the down button.

"None of your business, sorry for bumping into you..." I walk off and stop myself from rolling my eyes at her. "I can't just go down there Jas, at least not without a plan..."

"Just call down to the reception desk and ask them to not let him in, security will hand handle things from there if he doesn't comply, you know that,"

Her reasonable way of processing things is exactly why I call her when I'm stressing about something, "you're right, I'll do that as soon as I get some tea..."

A peachy pink manicured hand grasps my shoulder, knocking me straight off my chair in an instant. "Noah, someone's here for you!"

I spin around so fast, "Cadence, you startled-" Immediately the air leaves my lungs at the guy standing excitedly beside her. I can't believe I forgot to call Sam! "Charlie?!"

"Hey, I've been calling for you, Silly, but reception says you're not answering the phone,"

"I overheard him asking Sam for you, so I decided to help speed up the process," she stalks off after hitting her shoulder with mine once I manage to get back on my feet. Of course she would pull something like this.