7

It was 4 in the afternoon and Krishiv was hastily finishing his homework.
Kunal laid there with closed eyes and headphones plugged in.

"Kunal Bhai aapko homework nhi karna ? Krishiv asked without looking up.

Kunal took his headphones out and looked at Krish weirdly.

"Abe main school ka homework bhi school Jaa kar hi karta hoon. Don't expect me to do this silly tuition homework."

"Agar unhone pucha to kya kahoge ?"

"Bol dunga ki nhi kiya, simple." Kunal replied with a shrug.

Krishiv ignored him and continued his work. Apparently he hasn't seen his brother in trouble in a long time and was anticipating it.

______________________________________

"Good evening ma'am." Krishiv greeted Aditi with a bright smile.

"Good evening bachha" she ruffled his hair fondly. He reminded her so much of Advay.

"Good evening Kunal" she turned to the other boy who just nodded his head.

It was clear to Aditi that the boy didn't like her and she was actually curious about the reason behind this hate.

"So before we begin, can you guys show me the homework which is assigned yesterday."

"Yes ma'am. I did it and it was too easy." Krish grinned widely and handed her the notebook.

Aditi laughed at his enthusiasm and then turned to Kunal.
"What about you Kunal ?"

"Umm I didn't do it. I had other homework as well." He simply replied.

"But those would have hardly taken any time. Anyways let's move on but tomorrow make sure that you do your assigned homework." She was a little disappointed but let it go.

After one hour she gave some questions to Kunal but he was unable to do it.
"See Kunal this is what happens when you don't do your homework. Agar aapne padha hota to Aaj aap easily ye solve kar pate." She scolded lightly.

Kunal got embarrassed and to hide that he started writing something in the notebook furiously.

Aditi shook her head and snatched the notebook from him. She explained him the problem and gave the notebook back.

Like that she alternated between both the boys and the session ended.

Before leaving she again warned Kunal about the homework.

"Bhai Aaj to kar hi Lena please." Krish pleaded.

"Agar Mann hua to kar lunga." With that he just walked to his room.

______________________________________

Next day a staff guided Aditi to the study room. She was surprised to see the study empty. Usually the boys are already there waiting for her. After 5 mins Krish came running.

"Sorry ma'am main apni books dhoondh raha tha isliye late ho gya."

"It's ok krishiv. Relax, sit and take out your books. Where's Kunal ?"

Krishiv hesitated but then answered
"Bas aa rahe hain wo bhi."

Aditi started teaching krishiv, it was 5:20 and still Kunal wasn't there. She decided to give him 10 more minutes.
When 10 mins passed she got angry.
"Krishiv beta go and call your brother please. It's 5:30 right now, he was supposed to be here at 5."

Krishiv got up and went to call Kunal.
He returned after two minutes and again Kunal wasn't with him.
She looked at krishiv questioningly who just looked down.