THE BLACK QUEEN AND THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS.

–LUCERYS LET HIS HAND LINGER ON THE SPOT THAT READ as 'Driftmark' on the long carved stone table. His fingers slowly brushed over the words before he let them drop off the words, caught in a daze when a voice broke him out of his trance.

"Ah, There you are." Vaena sighed in relief, Lucerys looking up at his older sister and mother who walked down the steps. His mother dressed in a black dress, specks of crimson red that could be shown and his sister dressed in a crimson dark red dress, silver across her hips and the neckline of the dress that wrapped around her.

Vaena walked away from her mother's side, the three of them placed on different parts of the table. Lucerys and Rhaenyra across from each other as Vaena was at the end of the table, far from them.

Lucerys glanced at the table before turning to his mother. "The Sea Snake is going to die, isn't he?" he questioned his mother whose smile had dropped, her hand rubbing downwards over her belly as the other came up to cup her stomach. Sighing as she looked away. "Luke–" she was cut off by Lucerys.

"I can't be Lord of the Tides. Grandsire was the greatest sailor who ever lived. I get greensick before the ship even leaves the harbour. I'll just ruin everything."

He said loudly in frustration as Vaena took in a breath, eyebrows furrowed slightly as she stared at her darling brother worriedly. "I don't want Driftmark. It should've passed on to Ser Vaemond." Luke said as Vaena rolled her eyes at the mention of the horrid man who fortunately had passed away.

"It's too late for that, isn't it?" Vaena muttered sarcastically as Rhaenyra shot her a warning look to which Vaena clicked her tongue. "We don't choose our destiny, Luke. It chooses us." Rhaenyra said to him.

"Grandsire let you choose whether you'd be his heir. You told us so." he replied, staring at his mother who sighed, placing her hand onto the table, walking towards her son. "And do you want to know the truth of it? I was frightened." Rhaenyra reasoned, thinking over the decision she had made years ago.

"I was...four and ten. Same as you are now. I wasn't ready to be Queen of the Seven kingdoms. But...it was my duty. And in time, I came to understand I had to earn my inheritance, as did Vaena." Rhaenyra spoke out as Lucerys took a moment to think before he looked away, Vaena approaching from behind slowly.

"I'm not like you or Vaena." he said as Vaena raised an eyebrow, ready to hear the words that came from his mouth. "In what way, sweet boy?" Rhaenyra awaited his answer. "I'm not so..." pausing on his words, thinking of the right word to choose as he looked back at his mother. "Perfect." he breathed out as Vaena slowly allowed a smile to stretch upon her face as did Rhaenyra who let out a sigh, walking closer to her son. Placing a hand to cup his face while the other rested on his back, nuzzling their heads together before she pressed three sweet and loving kisses against the side of his head before pulling away. "I am anything but." Rhaenyra smiled at him as Vaena wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing kissing all over his cheek as he let out a laugh.

Trying to get away from his older sister who kept pressing kisses all over his face, muttering sweet things to him that warmed his heart in many ways as Rhaenyra let out a laugh at the sight of her two children. "My father looked after me and helped me prepare for my duties as I did to Vaena, Your mother will do the same for you." Rhaenyra continued as Vaena gave one big final kiss against his cheek before nuzzling her nose against it. "As will I, Dear brother. I will always be here to help you when you need a hand. No matter the day or night, whether I am across the world– Just come to me." Vaena whispered, smiling to herself when she felt a smile stretch across his face.

"Good morrow, Princess." a male voice said as Rhaenyra turned to him. "Good morrow, Ser Lorent." she replied, stepping away from her children as Vaena raised her chin on Luke's shoulder. "Princess Rhaenys has arrived on Dragonback. She urgently requests an audience with Princess Vaena, you and Prince Daemon."