Independence Day Special: You're A Grand Old Flag

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote!

Follow me:

Wattpad: D4RKST4R720

Instagram: c.hloe.wn

AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES! (if you haven't already)

Ideas byBR1GHTD4WN105

About: The crew are celebrating independence day with Paige and Shashi. And I don't know what else to write. But read it till the end, trust me, it's good.

EXTRA LONG CHAPTER ALERT!

Comment down below to get your results at the end of the week! (Private Messages are also okay if you want to stay anonymous) No comments? No fun stories to read! Happy reading and commenting!

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Layla POV

4th of July. The day America gained their independence and also one of the most important holidays that brought us all together. We (the crew) were invited to Paige's new lake house. It was supposed to be fun and relaxing, until Tony did something stupid. He always does doesn't he?

    The first thing that made me groan was how stupid Cisco and Tony looked. They were wearing red, white, and blue, which was fine, but they went overboard with the face paint. That's right. Their entire faces were covered with red, white, and blue. It wasn't even artistic, just fat globs of paint here and there. They looked like a bunch of natives going into camouflage mode. Tony also went and sprayed his hair with colored hair spray, unevenly, I had to add. Even Frostee thought they looked ridiculous.

"You guys look ridiculous. You're embarrassing me. Especially you Tony." I told them as we walked down the street. Receiving too many glances and double takes from people.

"Well you look boring. Where's the spirit?" Cisco asked. I looked down at my blue halter dress with white and red stars.

I shrugged at him, "I think I look fine." Tony leaned in to kiss me, and I ducked.

And. . . I missed.

Now, I had a blue streak that ran down my cheek.

"You're going to look ridiculous with us." Tony said. 

"Don't kiss me no more. You have face paint on." I wrinkled my nose.

"Wait. Isn't face paint the same as make up?"

"No. It's not. Face paint is worn at festivals, and stuff." I replied.

"Sounds the same to me." Then he cupped his hands behind my head and leaned in. I turned my head swiftly so he missed, kissing my ear instead. It was loud. And messy.

"Would you stop kissing me if I told you that you looked hot?" I asked Tony who was now kissing my cheek.

"Maybe." He grinned. I rolled my eyes. He wasn't. He moved on to kiss my lips, I wasn't going to stop him this time. I hate to say that I kind of enjoy it. But at the same time, I could feel Cisco's eyes burning holes through me.

"Stop it." I whispered to Tony. "Cisco's staring at us."

He made a pouty face. "Fine."

"Thanks for the extra face paint."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Hey guys!" Paige smiled, greeting them, "Happy fourth!"

"Why is there a lake behind your new house?" Tony asked Paige.

"It's a lake house for a reason, toadstool." Tony went red around the ears, and maybe his face too but with the mess on his face was just too hard to see.

There were steaks, and burger patties on the grill, and the entire place smelled like earthy, savory, meat. My mouth was watering.

"Hey Shashi!" Frostee sang when we were in the middle of the meal, " Remember when you were in that cage of reinforced reinforced reinforced steel?"

"Yeah?" Shashi said slowly, "What about it?"

"Well, you sang a song about being a flag right? You could sing it for us now," Echo grinned, catching on.

"What? Shashi sang? Yikes." Paige laughed, "But now I want to hear it. I've never heard Shashi sing."

"What?! You never, NEVER, sang to your wife before? You can't do that." Cisco said grabbing his chest. "That's like the number. . . I don't know, but you must do it!"

Shashi sighed, and smirked, "Fine, I'll sing it, but only for you, Paige." Shashi took Paige in his arms and kissed her multiple times.

"When are you going to start?" Frostee tapped his foot impatiently.

"How about now?" Shashi grinned. "You're a grand old flag, you're a high flying flag-"

"Okay, okay, stop," Paige cooed, patting Shashi's face affectionately, "You are the most talented man I know, but singing is just not your strong point."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

After eating a lavish and plentiful meal, Paige ushered everyone to the backyard.

"Time for fireworks!" She announced. 

"You look cute," Tony complimented, wiggling his eyebrows at me, spinning me around, and pulling me into his chest. He was about to kiss me again, when Echo shouted, "Hurry up slow pokes, you're going to miss the fireworks."

When we stepped out into the night, the sky was already filled with exploding colors. The dazzling flowers of light lingered in the sky before falling down like sparkles. "It's beautiful." I whispered to myself, but Tony heard it. "You're beautiful." He said, winking at me.

I looked at him, "I love you, Tony."

He smiled down at me, "I love you more."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Comment down below to get your results at the end of the week! (Private Messages are also okay if you want to stay anonymous) No comments? No fun stories to read! Happy reading and commenting!

And again, thanks for reading!