5. Left with nothing

*Dia's pov*

You never know how much someone means to you until their gone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up not fully rested and not ready to deal with life. I hated how fast life could change course right in front of me. I struggled with wrapping my mind around this whole situation. Everything sucked..

I heard Dana's soft snores coming from the couch, in the middle of my room. He hadn't said much to me since my friend went missing, everything was just too much to handle. I just had to deal with it, I stumbled downstairs and into the kitchen.

Making myself a fried egg and some bacon and orange juice. Harriet, Niall and I agreed to go searching in the woods later on today and Harry, Dana, Cole and Liam were going to stop by Nia's favorite places. The others were going to start handing out lost posters and putting it up on the missing people site.

I had already called my friend more than 50 times and every time I was left with a voicemail. Nothing more, which was strange since she never leaves the house without a fully charged phone and her ringer on, She would've called me back by now.

I sat on the couch while eating breakfast, soon Harriet came tumbling down the steps, Harry behind her. Harriet sat on the couch next to me, not talking, not eating, just silence.

We headed out the door and into the woods, checking every hole, every ditch, every small thing that our friend could be hiding in, or trapped in but we came home that evening... Empty handed.

Niall, Dana, Liam, Cole and the rest also found nothing that sparked our attention. The emptiness that was inside my heart grew and the hope shrunk. The police said they would keep an eye out for her and let us know if they found anything.

It was 4:30 when Niall went out searching with Liam and Harry. Cole, David, Will, and Gabe went out searching for more hot spots that Nia liked. Which left me at home with Louis, Zayn, Harriet and Dana.

"Do you want to go on a walk?" Dana asked me
"Not when my friend is missing!"'I said abruptly
" you need take a breather, it's only been one day, maybe we'll find something while we're out"
".... Okay"

Dana and I walked out the door and started walking down the street, he held my hand squeezing it tight every now and then. We found ourselves at the park swinging on the swings as if nothing was wrong.

"Are you okay?"Dana said
"I'm miserable"
"we'll find her soon"
"How do you know!?" I screamed, causing Dana to stop swinging and stare at me
"I don't know.. " he whispered
"Then how can you lie to me"
"I'm not lying, we just need to stay on the positive side"
"What's the positive side"
"It's only been 42 hours, we might find her tomorrow or later on tonight, or she might not even be lost"
"then where would she be" I said getting frustrated
"... On vacation" Dana said smiling

I stood up and started walking back to the house.
"DIA WAIT" I heard Dana chasing after me, he caught up with me and stood in my way.
"Dana move"
"No I"
"Move"
"But I "
"OH MY GOSH! This isn't a game this is real life! Your joking like it means nothing! I'm freaking out! Your not helping! I just want this to be over!" I screamed at him

He still didn't move " Dia I'm sorry, I'm just trying to calm you down a bit, lighten the mood, I know how your feeling, we can get through this.. Okay?" Dana said looking into my eyes.

"Okay"