Nothing More Than a Ghost

Start from the beginning

***

[Tea?]

>[Thanks for the tea, Agent.]<

[...?]

"It's my pleasure, Master," Agent responded while assuming her usual place next to the Commander's side. It had been quite some time since she was captured and assimilated to the Sector 09 Commander's side, but she had gotten into a routine since then. A boring routine considering what was currently on her finger.

"...?" The Sector 09 Commander looked over to Agent as it seemed like the Ringleader had something more to say.

"...We've been living together for quite some time now, I would like you to review the services that I provide," Agent admitted without showing any tells on her face as to what she meant.

"...?" The Commander gestured to the reports they were currently going through and tilted their head to the side in confusion.

"Am I talking about work...?" Agent tapped her chin and thought about it for a few moments before replying in a low voice, "I suppose so, but haven't you noticed?"

"!?!" The Commander suddenly found themselves being spun around in their chair as Agent grabbed and pushed it against the wall of the room. With one hand planted firmly above them, Agent leaned over the Commander with an ominous expression on her face. The Oath ring on her finger glinted in the light.

"There are certain services that I provide only for you, and no one else..."

"..." From her place peeking through the cracked open door, Dreamer's dummy watched with an unreadable expression on their face.

***

"...They're interesting," Dreamer remarked as she brushed some hair off her face and let it flow in the zero gravity environment. She made a mental note to herself to hang that recorded interaction over Agent for some favors, later. "They're similar to Commander Zeldri but different enough to retain my interest. They've also brought Destroyer on board with them, so that's enough for me."

"Stop weirdly caring about things, it's creepy."

"So says the tsundere."

"Who are you calling a tsundere!" Alchemist barked which caused Dreamer to start laughing.

"Oh, Commander~!" Dreamer mocked. "I hate you~! I'll kill you~! But...I can't~! Though, it's not because I like you or anything~! Idiot~! Stupid human~! My stupid Co~mman~der~."

"Keep talking shit and I will find a way up there and kick your ass!" Alchemist groaned in annoyance as Dreamer let loose another howl of laughter.

***

"Did you hear? The Commander's up!" Word of Zeldri's awakening quickly spread around the Mountain. The news was met with both relief and melancholy from the dolls.

"But... He still has that metal plate, I heard. Doesn't that mean-"

"Enough gossiping!" Jericho interrupted the dolls.

"We're sorry, Mrs. Jericho!" The two dolls quickly ran off the get back to work leaving Jericho alone with her thoughts.

"..." Jericho let out an annoyed sigh as she continued her walk through the halls of the Mountain. She'd just finished putting PSM's echelon through a firing drill and was headed to the café to go over some data while relaxing. It's not that she didn't care that Zeldri had awoken, far from it, it's just that she didn't want to think about the ending of the doll's statement she'd cut off earlier.

"Welcome, Jericho." As soon as Jericho opened the door to the café, Springfield greeted her with a warm smile. She was handling the evening shift while the rest of Revenant mingled with the other t-dolls that were also in the café. "There's plenty of seats left. Would you like anything?"