DRIFTMARK.

–VAENA GRIPPED ON LUCERYS HAND AS SHE GLANCED AT her mother's husband– her pretend father– Laenor Velaryon who stood heartbrokenly as he stared at his sister's stone coffin.

Vaena was too intelligent for her age, she was already fluent in High Valyrian to the point where it was basically an ease to her mind. She glanced over at Vaemond who stood.

"We join today at the seat of the sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King. Where he will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for the final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore."

Vaemond spoke in high Valyrian as he specifically pointed his last sentence towards Vaena and her brothers which caused her to glare at the man, strong hatred burning within her lilac eyes as his eyes met her own.

"Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours run thick. Ours run true. And ours must never thin." Vaemond continued on as Daemon's high-pitched chuckles could be heard that could almost pass as childish giggling, Vaena rolling her eyes at his behaviour but found herself smiling at his chaotic personality.

"My gentle niece. May the winds be as strong as you back, your seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea we shall return."

He said as Laena's coffin slipped into the sea, sinking to the bottom of the ocean as a loud roar was heard, the growling rumbled the ground as a shadow flew over them, landing over the mountains, watchful over the group of people.

"What is Ormr doing here, Vaena?" Rhaenyra asked her firstborn who shrugged her shoulders. "He has a mind of his own, He does as he pleases so how would I know?" Vaena retorted quietly as Rhaenyra let out a scoff under breath as she raised an eyebrow at her daughter.

"Reminds me of a certain someone." Rhaenyra teased as Vaena winked at her mother which caused her brother's to giggle at her. 

                                                                                     ⭑~✦✧⭑꙳ ⭑✧✦~⭑

–VAENA BOREDLY SAT ON THE STONE WALL, SIPPING HER CUP of orange juice, as she watched the waves flow. Once in a while she would glance over at Leanor who was standing in the water, crying. The sight was pitiful to watch yet pain-aching to look at since it made her think of what she would be like if one of her brothers died before her.

Vaena was surprised that Jacarys didn't notice Laenor in the water but didn't bother to comment on it. Her eyes darted through the crowd of people who were drinking, eating or talking– boring as usual until she caught the eyes of Alicent– her step-grandmother who stared at her with an unreadable expression as did her sworn guard, Ser Cristion Cole, eying the pair disgustedly before she looked away, her lilac eyes landing on her mother walking down the steps.

She sipped her juice as she watched her mother push the crowd of people with a stressed expression on her face. Approaching closer and closer, waving to her mother who sent a small smile to her.

Rhaenyra placed a hand on Jacaerys arm, looking around before looking back at him.

"Have you seen your father?" she asked. "Your little cousins have lost their mother. They could use a kind word." Rhaenyra suggested to her son as Vaena shrugged her shoulders when her mother's gaze fell onto her.

"I have an equal claim to sympathy." Jacaerys said weirdly as Vaena covered her mouth to suppress her laughter, turning away when her brother glared in her direction. "Jace." Rhaenyra sternly spoke as Jace looked back at their mother.