Part XXII

not edited

-

Jade

I remembered everything.

I remember the teenage moments we spent, as Silas was cloaked in his 'Stefan' form, well, his natural form.

And how he arrived in this city during my sophomore year of high school leading on to my junior year, in which he, 'Josh', disappeared.

He had told me he had to leave. He was unable to fulfill his goal towards me, which was to kill me by taking my heart from my chest. Even back then, he knew it was me.

That's why in high school he always made those references and jokes comparing me to purity. He would always tell me I was the most pure girl he had ever met, that was perfect inside and out. I even fell in love with him, or so I thought. He had me on the tips of my toes, I was the main puppet to his master plan. The plan that he failed to achieve because he begun to develop feelings, which was rare for the eldest vampire/witch alive to have.

And then he pushed me away before things could happen between us, that was the first moment I had ever been denied or restricted to have something that I wanted.

It was all downhill after 'Josh' (Silas) disappeared midway through my junior year. I had changed; my bright and bubbly personality dispersed into something more isolated. I wasn't depressed; it was more of rage than sadness.

And that was the first time I had felt myself ever go dark. I got involved into some horrific activities, many of them involving the supernatural. Once you mess with this dark and evil shit, there is no going back.

That's what happened to me. I allowed myself to succumb to the dark and evil forces of the supernatural. It had poisoned my mind, changed my entire personality to the opposite; rude, dark, quiet, harsh. My friends had tried to help me recover and remember who I was, a few even tried to pull me away from the dark forces of the supernatural forces, one of them dying in response.

All my close friends grew to fear me after the death of a friend all close to our hearts. Hell, everyone feared me at the school.

But messing with evil forces beyond control always comes at a price.

I hadn't let that sunk in until it affected my friends. My parents.

My little brother. Jackson.

I was in my room one day, ouija board sprawled out along the floor, both of us surrounded by the devil's trap.

I had summoned in a negative spirit, not knowing the amount of power it massed. But I felt like I had summoned something much worse; something beyond negative spirits.

Whatever it was, it took over my senses and influenced my actions. It messed with my thoughts, causing me to grow more volatile and harsh.

That night, when my entire family was asleep, I remember walking into my 7 year old brother's room, standing in the doorway, just watching him sleep.

He was the only one who still acted normal around me, not fearing my personality change. He was the only one I cared about, for my mother and father had not accepted my change, calling me a freak, but not actually calling me that. The look in their eyes proved it; I was a monster.

I was then at my brother's bed, looking down at him. And suddenly I wanted to hurt him. To hurt him for living such a perfect life, to hurt him for how happy he was.

I felt nothing. Nothing but the need to kill. Nothing but the need for blood.

Before I could blink, my hand was clamped tightly around Jackson's throat, squeezing it.