Think possitively

Lily Collins as Avery
__________________________

After that, Derek and I went into the pack house. We talked and chatted, and every second I felt 10x better. My wolf slowly came out of her dark, depressing, metaphorical corner and I felt more like myself.

"So I try to jump this fence, but the shirt gets caught right? I hear this loud tear, and I look down to see the shirt in shreds! So I'm running half naked through the street, trying to get away from this dog," I say, then burst out laughing with Derek.

"How'd you get away?" he gasped, clutching his stomach.

"Well, I had to shift in the end. Scared the poor dog so bad that he ran home all on his own."

Derek boomed with laughter and I felt myself smile. It's funny. Whenever he's happy, I'm happy.

Whenever I'm miserable, he's miserable.

"So I have a game," I said.

"What is it?"

"Well, my family used to play it with each other, it strengthens your bond with people or something," I explain.

"It's called 'Thoughts'."

He nods and gestures for me to continue.

"So, think something, but try to block the thought from me," I order.

He scrunches up his face, but does.

"Ok, ok. You're thinking about a person. A girl. She has dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. ....You're think about me. I'm kissing Trevor," I gasp, opening my eyes and staring at him.

"Why are you think about that?" I wondered.

He shrugged, but looked a little put out.

"I don't know. When I saw you two kissing... I seriously thought I was going to kill that kid," he growled.

I frowned.

"Would it make you feel better if I said I have no interest in him and only did it to make you jealous?" I asked.

The corner of his mouth turned up slightly.

"A little."

I grinned.

"Awesome. Now, it's your turn."

We played and the game got funnier and funnier. On one of his turns, I thought about Miley Cyrus as a turkey with the words Happy Twerky Day streaming through my mind.

I'm pretty sure he choked on his own spit. It was great, just laughing for once. But as it got late, I had to go home.

"The whole pack saw! Sam couldn't live it down for months. And that's what we know as the  bra incident," Derek finished and I snorted, laughing so hard my whole body shook.

"Oh god, you did not just tell her that story," said Sam, coming into the living room that we currently occupied.

"Oh yes he did," I cracked up.

Then asked with all seriousness.

"So what'll it be Miss. Victoria, will your new secret be cheetah print or hot pink lace?" I giggled.

He blushed lightly before scoffing at me.

"Whatever," he said.

"You know it's almost 10 o' clock right? You planning on spending the night?" Sam asked.

My eyes widened as I checked my phone.

"Geesh, you should've told me sooner! I gotta run, I'll see you guys later," I said.

Derek walked stubbornly with me to the door.

"You should stay," he whispered, reaching to pull me closer.

I stepped away and hurt flashed in his eyes.

"Friends don't embrace each other romantically," I reminded gently, before patting his arm.

"You're killing me, smalls," he groaned.

I just smiled sadly, then turned the door knob.

"I don't want to be just friends," he complained, following me outside.

"Too bad. You have a girlfriend, and I don't do that two timing crap," I said, stubbornly.

He sighed.

"Fine," he drawled out dramatically.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Thank you for stopping me earlier. I wasn't sure you would," I told him, smiling gently.

"Me neither. But I'm glade I did," he replied softly.

I nodded, then ran into the woods and hurried home. Mom was going to kill me.
.......

"Avery Elise Roberts! What do you think you're doing getting home so late?" She shrieked.

I winced.

"I was at a friend's house," I murmured.

"Friend's?" She asked hesitantly.

I nodded, looking at her strangely.

"My baby.... made friends all by herself? Without me having to bribe anyone?" my mom asked, shocked.

I gaped.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"Aw, your finally growing up. My sweet little girl is finally learning how to play nice with others," Mom cried, hugging me tightly to her.

I rolled my eyes.

"Motherrer...." I groaned.

She just fake sniffled and pressed my head closer.

"Daaaaadd!" I screamed.
"Halllpppp!"

Dad came out of his office and looked at the two of us. Mother crushing me in her embrace and me flailing around trying to escape.

"Mary, try to refrain from killing our daughter. She has a Social Studies test tomorrow!" Dad called, then went back into his office.

"Ok, George!" Mom called then squeezed me tightly before letting me go.

"Ok, dear. Go ahead and go to bed, you have a test apparently," she said, strutting away.

I panted slightly before heading up to my room. My parents are insane.
__________________________

Just a short little happy chapter to cheer my readers up. I'm so relieved they're relationship is getting better. Jessica is going to become a bigger character soon, by the way. I've had a horrible day so I thought at least you guys could be at least a little happy. Well, I'm going to go hide in a dark corner and wish for death.

Oh, and remember!

A new character is coming in soon, and you might have a chance to be in my story. So comment your name, some hobbies and your personality. I'll be choosing one person to be in my story. Good luck!