3

luke.
..
"I really don't want to go to school today." I groan to Ashton as he pulls into the parking lot.

"We don't have a choice. It's the law." He chuckles. I roll my eyes before running my hands over my tired face. Ashton parks the car and we get out. I walk around the car to him and slide my hand into his before he quickly pulls away.

"Sorry." We say at the same time, both our eyes filling with sadness. We begin walking into the school-house together as we do normally. Only this time my heart is breaking slowly. I know I have Ashton now and I should be happy about that, but I hate that I can't simply hold his hand in public for fear of being murdered.

"Did you hear me?" Ashton says as we stand at his locker.

"Sorry..." I mumble.

"Do you want to go to the lake after school?" He asks.

"Yea, yea." I agree, nodding as I open my locker to grab my books for my first few classes. The first bell rings so Ashton and I walk to our first class together. When we get in the room we sit near the back of the room just as Bryana walks in. When she spots Ashton she quickly plops into the seat on the other side of him.

"Hey, Ashton." Bryana smiles, speaking with that fake bitch tone. Ashton mutters a simple hello as he begins drawing small doodles in his notebook.

"What colours are you wearing to the dance? I need to know so our outfits don't clash."

"Black and red." Ashton says unamused.

"That's very emo of you, but it does give me an excuse to wear that new black dress I got the other day at Forever 21. It's lace. Do you like lace?"

"Sure."

"Okay, well I had better get to my seat. I'll see you at lunch." Bryana stands and kisses Ashton's forehead. It takes all the strength I have to stay in my seat. I grip the side of my desk until my knuckles are white as Bryana walks away.

"Hey." Ashton whispers, touching my hand gently.

"I'm going to kill her." I say, just a little too loud. Ashton gives me a look of anger before looking back to the front of the room as our teacher walks in. This is going to be a long day.

-

By the end of the day I have had to contain myself twelve times so I wouldn't stab Bryana. If I have to see her kiss Ashton one more time I am going to lose it. Thankfully, Ashton and I are in the car on the way to the lake, so I don't have to worry anymore about Bryana. When we get to the lake I sit down under the tree as Ashton strips to his boxers and jumps into the water. I look through my music on my phone until I find a song I want to listen to. I finally decide on shuffling Blink - 182. I then take off my school clothes down to my boxers and jump into the water. The water is cold at first, but soon my body becomes use to it.

"I know something is bothering you." Ashton says when I surface.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You've been quiet nearly all day. What's wrong?"

"I guess I'm just jealous of Bryana. I mean she can kiss you in front of everyone. She can hug you and hold your hand and go to dances with you. I can't -", I sigh, "I can't do any of those things with you. And I hate it." I admit, not shying away from the obvious truth.

"Just because Bryana can doesn't mean I want her to." Ashton say, swimming over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist as he looks me in the eyes.

"I guess that is true." I smile, coyly, "So who do you want to kiss you and hold your hand and hug you?"

"I don't know. There is this one kid I go to school with. He's really cute."

"Who is it?"

"That Calum Hood kid. He's just so handsome, I swear." Ashton grins.

"Ashton!" I laugh, splashing water in his face.

"I'm just joking. The only person, and I mean only person, I want is you, Luke. I only want to kiss you. I only want to hold your hand. I only want to hug you. I promise you're the only one." Ashton says, kissing my cheek and making me blush, "And I'll be here as long as you want me."

"Yea, right. Like I'm letting you go any time soon." I laugh softly. Ashton smiles and leans in close to my face. My heart beat picks up and my breath catches in my throat.

"Don't be nervous." Ashton whispers leaning closer. I close my eyes as I feel his soft lips meet mine. It's like magic almost. It's certainly something I've never felt before, and I'm surely glad Ashton is the first person I've kissed.

Our lips fold over each other's in harmony and our breaths come and go evenly. My head becomes dizzy and my body feels weak, but I don't dare pull away from Ashton. His hands move slowly down my back and he pulls me closer to him, if that is even possible. My hands move up and into his long hair; tangling my fingers in the soft curls.

"That was better than I thought it would be." Ashton whispers when he pulls away.

"Yea." I agree simply, smiling. Nothing more is said as Ashton goes underwater. I follow behind him and we swim to the other end of the lake. When we surface we're on the opposite side of the waterfall.

"There's a cave back here." Ashton says, pulling himself onto the rocks before reaching down to help me up. When we get up on the rocks we crawl in between two of them before coming to the cave Ashton was talking about.

"This is pretty cozy. We could move here." I joke, sitting down on the chilly rock floor.

"I don't care where I live, as long as I'm with you." Ashton says nonchalantly, sitting beside me. I smile as I crawl into Ashton's lap and lay my head on his toned, bare chest. Ashton wraps his arms around me and places a kiss on my forehead.

"I don't want to go home." I whisper, "I don't want to have to leave you. I don't want to sleep alone."

"I know baby. I don't want that either. Trust me, there isn't a thing in this world I wouldn't give to wake up next to you every morning and kiss you. It's just not practical. At least not right now." Ashton says, brushing his lips over my forehead as he speaks.

"I know, baby, I know." I sigh sadly. And for once I wish I didn't know.