Chapter 2 Dream Wedding

Start from the beginning

          “Well dad appreciates my company.” I fought back. She looked at me unimpressed.

          “Not my business.”

          “Before we get off topic, were there any friends that you wanted to invite?” Chelsea interrupted.

          “Nope”

          “What happened to Lindsay?” Mary urged.

          “See her parents agree with both of you and think I’m not a good influence for her.”

They both stopped commenting for a moment. I knew I got to them then. I don’t understand how they pretty much forced me to spend the day with them when we all knew there was going to be tension.

“So we were thinking of doing a blue and yellow theme since it’s both of your favorite colours.” Chelsea smiled as she opened her mini notepad. I actually thought that was a good idea. Logan would be fine with looking at blue objects all night.

“And we found your dress. What do you think?” Mary smiled as she handed me the book. I looked at the cut out picture of some girl. Surprisingly I thought they would go way over the top with this dress. It is fancier than I was imagining but it’s really cute.

It was a strapless floor length dress. It looked more like one of those summer dresses you would wear over your bathing suit at the beach. It was a good dress that would fit my basketball stomach and still look nice. “I like it.” I honestly replied. They both smiled.

“That’s good, because we are going to go downtown and get you to try it on.” I knew they would already have it somewhere.

“Great.” I sarcastically replied as I handed back to book. I waited silently as they ran by their plans for the entire night. I’m actually really surprised they put a lot of effort into this. If only they had the same determination to accept the baby. I don’t want my son or daughter to not have grandparents, or more like grandmas.

“Logan told me the other day some of the baby names you have picked out.” Chelsea stated. I felt my eyes grow. Oh crap she’s going to say the boy’s name!

“They are just idea’s, nothings official.” I tried to make it seem a bit better.

“Well I love the girl’s name, Scarlett.” Chelsea smiled. I looked at my mom’s face. This is the first time she’s ever heard about the baby names.

“Thanks, I thought of that one myself.” I felt myself laugh inside. I know my baby won’t be named Scarlett for sure.

“What name do you have for a boy?” Mary asked curiously. I could tell Carter was the last name on her mind.

“We were debating on maybe Tyler after Logan’s grandfather.” I muttered. Technically it wasn’t a lie; Tyler will be his middle name. I watched as her face changed. I couldn’t read it. She may be thinking about the name I have picked out already.

The main reason why my parents divorced was because of my twin brother’s sickness. My mother couldn’t handle the guilt and pain she felt. Also because the entire time Carter was sick she would ignore him and even at points act like he didn’t exist which pissed my father off causing them to fight constantly. After he died they separated and haven’t talked since. When I say they haven’t talked I mean they literally haven’t been in the same place together since the hospital. This is how I knew there might be drama during the wedding because he’s going to be there no matter what she says.

“What about the other name you wanted? I remember you and Logan telling me a while ago that you want another name which means something special.”