𝐱𝐢𝐯. ice pick

LOVERS ROCK

chapter fifteen ; ice pick
[ season two - episode three ]

chapter fifteen ; ice pick[ season two - episode three ]

"Hey, you okay?" Allison asked as she looked over at the distracted blonde in the passenger seat of her car. She couldn't help but notice the girl wasn't her usual self, she hadn't cracked a single joke since she had picked the girl up, not a single question about her relationship with Scott, or a dig at the redhead girl she disliked so much. This wasn't the Honey she had come to know since their arrival in this town. Honey shook off the thoughts that were plaguing her, turning to the girl as she nodded, humming slightly. "Thanks again for hanging out with me tonight." The brunette smiled as she pulled into the gas station. "With Lydia distracted by her fugue state and the whole thing with not being able to see Scott, it's gotten pretty lonely sitting around the house," Allison admitted with nervous laughter, only after she said it did she realize how selfish of a comment it was to make to a girl who had probably been sitting in her house mourning her parents. She had lost an aunt who she had grown to dislike, maybe even hate, after she had found out what she'd done, Honey had lost her father, and only a few months after her mother. 

"Anytime." The blonde smiled back. "Trust me, I'd rather be anywhere than at my house," Honey admitted, thinking back on the past few days when her aunt had been watching her like a hawk, waiting for her to act on the suspicious comment she had made the other night. She wasn't sure what her niece was planning, but she intended on stopping it whenever the opportunity came, it hadn't occurred to the woman that her niece didn't have a plan at all, only a goal. The two girls shared a sigh, unable to understand their complicated lives, but at least they weren't alone in it. As Allison removed the key from the ignition to fill up her car the blonde stepped out to grab the snacks the two had discussed for their sleepover tonight, neither of them had really had a friend to do it with before, Allison moved too much to make any solid friendships, and well, Honey had been so caught up in her past relationship that the thought of friends didn't even cross her mind often. His friends, well, pack, were her friends. At least some of them.

With her arms filled with snacks for her and Allison, Honey walked around the store, staring at a bottle of liquor behind the register, tempted to take their sleepover up a notch, the two of them could use some fun, to let go slightly. Before she could open her mouth to test her luck, the ring of the door drew her attention as a man with a charming smile walked in, nodding at her as she returned the smile. She noticed the bike behind Allison's car and the motorcycle gear he wore, a typical bad boy. Honey shook off how much that reminded her of someone as she piled her tall mountain of snacks on the counter, completely distracted from the thought of alcohol while she side-eyed the man waiting behind her to pay for his gas.