Thirty~ Drew Wilson

Dumbledore had convinced Harry to stay away from the Mirror of Erised, and his invisibility cloak stayed folded at the bottom of his trunk for the rest of the Christmas holidays.

    Hermione had returned the day before term started, and she was appalled by the fact Harry had sneaked out of bed and roamed the school three nights in a row.

    At breakfast, when we all sat in the Great Hall, when Bianca stormed by, and George followed her.

    "Bianca!" he called, but she ignored him.   

    As she passed me, she stopped.

   "Hey, cool ring, Saph," she said, then stormed off again.

    "Bianca! Get- over- here!"

    "I can't hear you!"

    Ron practically leaped on my hand and tried yanking it off my finger.

    "Ow! Ron! Stop!"

    "Who gave it to you? I swear to god, whoever gave it to you is dead!"

    "I don't know!"

    "Maybe it was Seamus?" Harry suggested, and Seamus, who had heard Ron's comment, whirled around, panicked.

    "Not me! It wasn't me! No way!"

    "Dean?" Hermione guessed, but Dean shook his head the moment she said it.

    "Then who?"

    Then we noticed a boy with black hair and blue eyes sitting across me, who had his nose in a book. He was quite handsome. Ron stomped up to him.

    "Drew Wilson, right?"

    He looked up and nodded.

    "Do you like Saphira?"

   "Who?"

    "Oh, no, he didn't," I heard Seamus whisper. All the boys were now staring at Drew incredulously, except for George, who was chasing Bianca around the Great Hall.

    I stood up dramatically and walked over to him. Everyone watched me nervously, as if I were about to slap Drew in the face. Instead, I extended a hand.

    "Saphira Black. Nice to meet you."

    He shook my hand and looked into my eyes.

    "Nice to meet you. And... um... what happened to your hair? Is the colour like a result of a really bad spell?"

    Then I slapped him.

    "Watch what you say," I said coldly, then I walked back to Harry.

    "What a jerk," Hermione muttered, "what would you do if he were the one who sent it?"

    "Keep it."

    "Well, that's a relief. So now, I can tell you who sent you the ring?"

    Draco's drawling voice reached our ears and we all turned around. He smirked.

    "What do you think about the ring?"

    "It's nice...?"

    "That's nice. I knew I had good taste in jewelry."

    Slowly, the pieces clicked into place and I shrieked and ripped the ring off my finger.

    "Ron! Take it!"

    I flung it at Ron, and it bounced off his forehead. He held it in his hand gingerly.

    "I thought you liked it!"