Chapter 4 Chicken Soup

  After Song Xi finished drinking the chicken soup, Zhou Yi took out a biscuit box, opened the lid, and handed the biscuit box to Song Xi.

  Under his shining gaze, Song Xi slowly lifted a piece of cloth.

   What came into view was a stack of ten-cent notes.

   One cent, two cents, five cents... and coins one cent, two cents...

  Song Xi was a little surprised, she raised her head to meet Zhou Yi's smiling gaze, very surprised, "Didn't you say..."

"Daughter-in-law, you are still a high school student. Don't you understand the principle of not revealing your wealth? If the villagers know that I have so much money, do you think I can still live a good life? Then borrow money and steal money. The threshold is stepped on, I don’t want to use my money for outsiders, I only want to use it for my daughter-in-law, daughter-in-law, when we go to the commune, I will go to the big restaurant to buy meat buns for you, how about it?”

   Zhou Yi stretched out his hand and scratched the tip of Song Xi's nose. He was very satisfied with this little daughter-in-law! You can do anything for your little daughter-in-law.

   Then Zhou Yi recounted the money inside in front of Song Xi.

   There are two hundred and thirty-two yuan and sixty-five cents in total.

  In this era when the family has an annual balance of ten or twenty yuan, it is really rare for him to have so much savings alone.

Zhou Yi took out two yuan, sixty-five cents, and solemnly handed over the remaining two hundred and thirty yuan to Song Xi, "Daughter-in-law, I will hand over all the money I earn to you in the future, and you can use it however you want. "

  Song Xi couldn't bear it, "You can take it yourself. You are in good health and can go out often. I'm afraid it's not convenient for me to go out for the time being."

  She knows her body well, and I am afraid it will take a long time to recover.

   "Then when I need money, I will ask my wife to get it. Only when my wife collects the money can I be full of energy."

  Zhou Yi patted his chest and said with arrogance.

  Song Xi couldn't believe that there was such a person behind this seemingly serious man.

  How should I put it, she is much, much better than most of the men she knew before.

   Few of her relatives, who are young, are willing to hand over their wages to their wives for safekeeping.

   "Then please find a place to hide it first, so as not to be stolen when we are not at home."

  Song Xi handed back the biscuit box containing the money to Zhou Yi, acquiescing to Zhou Yi's request - take care of the money for him!

  Because of poverty, she was a little anxious at first.

   Unexpectedly, this man gave her such a surprise.

   Now there are more than two hundred yuan, so don't worry too much for the time being.

  You can slowly plan for the future.

   Zhou Yi was about to hide the biscuit box in a hidden compartment under the bed.

  Suddenly remembered that the little daughter-in-law rushed into the Song family without even preparing a new dress for her.